*Applications for the 2017 Cohen New Works Festival are now closed and will reopen in the Fall of 2018. The dates and deadlines below will be updated later in the year, but will give you an estimated time frame.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications open September 9, 2016.
- Applications must be submitted online by October 14, 2016 at 11:59pm.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- No incomplete applications will be accepted.
- The Cohen New Works Festival runs April 10th through 14th, 2017.
- Supported rehearsals for the festival begin March 6th, 2017 with a tech week April 3rd – 9th, 2017.
Who can apply?
- All University of Texas at Austin students are eligible to submit a project proposal to the 2017 Cohen New Works Festival. In order to be eligible, all project proposals must have at least one UT faculty sponsor.
- Actors, Directors, Designers, Musicians, Dancers, Painters, Architects, Sculptors, Clowns, Programmers! Show us what you got!
What are we looking for?
- The Selection Committee is looking for proposals that help the Cohen New Works Festival fulfill its mission and uphold its core values. We value projects that are original, collaborative, and challenge and celebrate the meaning of “new.”
- The selection committee will be using a rubric (based on the mission and values) in their process to help guide you in your writing. Click here to access the rubric.
- Visit our About Us page to read more about our Mission and Core Values and let these principles guide you as you complete your application.
Who is Selection Committee?
- Proposals are reviewed and selected by the New Works Festival Selection Committee, which is comprised of members of the Executive Committee, the Faculty Producers, and any students who meet the selection eligibility requirements by attending at least three administrative meetings before October 29th. Those interested may join the weekly administrative meetings every Tuesday at 5:40pm in Winship Room 2.112. All are welcome to attend. Members of this committee must also be able to attend the Selection Day, October 29th from 9am-5pm to be held at The Off Center (2211 Hidalgo St, Austin, TX 78702). Contact email@example.com if you have questions about attending.
Ask us Questions:
- Read our Application FAQ to find answers to common applications questions!
- Beginning September 9th, you can also find us during office hours Thursdays from 12:30-1:30pm in the New Works Festival office, Winship B.110.
- Tweet applications questions to us @utnewworks
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or set up an appointment by contacting us at email@example.com.
Ready to complete your application?
- Download this PDF of the application to prepare and gather your answers before completing the online application.
- Click here to apply.
- Application must be completed in one sitting as the form is not saveable. Have your proposal clearly outlined and any supplemental materials ready to be attached.
- The latest version (10/04/2016) of the PIG is here!