The documentary being screened at today’s OA Week 2013 event is RiP: A Remix Manifesto. The idea of remix culture is quite fascinating and always brings up many questions. The resources provided below are meant to provide people with additional avenues of exploration into this topic.
- Everything is a Remix: A short video about some rather famous examples of reuse & remixing.
- Good Copy, Bad Copy: A Danish film on copyright and culture.
- Copyright Criminals: Another documentary on music and copyright.
- Lawrence Lessig, Remix: Making Art and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy, The Penguin Press, 2008
- Mark Helprin, Digital Barbarism: A Writer’s Manifesto, Harper, 2009
- Creative Commons: www.creativecommons.org