UPDATES to our Pharm.D. Admissions pages are currently being made. We hope to have all updates completed prior to the 2021 application opening on Tuesday, July 14th. PharmCAS will open their School Directory with each pharmacy school’s admission requirements on July 3rd. Thank you for your patience as we update!
Fall 2021 Application Cycle
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy will not continue to participate in Early Decision in which an applicant will NOT be in a binding agreement if admitted. We will have a fall priority deadline in which you’ll have the opportunity to submit an application this fall 2020. We’ll be reviewing, interviewing, and making admission decisions during the fall semester. If you receive an offer of admission from us, you will not be in a binding agreement.
Regular Decision (fall priority deadline) Application
Opens: Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Fall Priority Deadline: Friday, September 11, 2020
PCAT: Optional; not required for the 2021 application cycle; must take by September 2020 or earlier, if you wish, for the fall priority deadline
Fall Interviews: TBD in July
Regular Decision (spring final deadline) Application
Spring Final Deadline: Monday, February 1, 2021
PCAT: Optional; not required for the 2021 application cycle; must take by February 2021 PCAT or earlier, if you wish for the spring final deadline
Spring Interviews: TBD in July
Details and instructions will be provided if you are invited for an interview.
The Pharm.D. application process requires that you submit both the PharmCAS application AND a UT Austin College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application by the appropriate closing deadlines. More information and needed links can be found on the Texas Two-Step Application Submission Process page.
Key Points to Keep in Mind
- If you are a Re-Applicant to UT Austin College of Pharmacy, you will need to re-submit all material as required and instructed by PharmCAS.
- An “APPLY TEXAS” undergraduate transfer application is NOT required for Pharm.D. admissions.
- If you would like to be considered for undergraduate transfer admission to The University of Texas at Austin as well as admission to the Pharm.D. program (in case you are not admitted into the Pharm.D program), you must complete the UT Austin undergraduate transfer admission application in addition to the Pharm.D. application process.
- Regular Decision (fall priority deadline): If you would like to be considered for fall priority:
- please complete Organic Chemistry I by the end of the fall 2020 semester
- highly recommend that you complete Biology II by the end of the summer 2020 semester
- PCAT is optional, not required; exam must be taken September 2020 exam if you wish for the your scores to be evaluated along with your academic record during fall priority
- please complete, pay, and submit both the PharmCAS and UT Austin Supplemental applications by the September 8, 2020 deadline.
- Academic performance
- PCAT scores: optional, not required
- Letters of reference (three required)
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge or experience with pharmacy
- Community involvement
- Organization experience and leadership
- Teaching, tutoring and/or mentoring
- Research experience
Applicants must be interviewed before an offer of admission can be considered.