PEPP CAMP

Project Engage Pharmacy Program (PEPP) Camp 

2020 Dates: Sunday May 31st (5PM) – Wednesday June 3rd (1PM)

Activities:

• 3 – day, 3 – night, hands – on, interactive, on sight, overnight camp
  • Pharmacy fieldtrips to tour local hospital pharmacies, innovative community pharmacies, and learn from pharmacists practicing in exciting healthcare roles
  • Mock Interview Day Preparation including Multiple Mini Interview Simulation
  • Tons of mentorship and advice from current pharmacy students and alumni
  • Tour of the Cultural centers and identity-centric/friendly spaces on campus

Application:

• The PEPP Camp targets historically underrepresented minorities and first generation students to further engage them in the STEM field of pharmacy
  • Must be interested in the health professions, exhibit academic achievement and leadership, and be a College freshman or higher
  • PEPP Camp Application Survey
  • Please see application “How-to” for further instructions and details
  • Deadline of February 1, 2020

Information:

• All food and lodging is included. All participants stay on the UT Austin campus for the 3 day/3 night duration of the camp
  • Travel to Austin reimbursed up to $200
  • Questions? Email us at duhon@austin.utexas.edu

2018 PEPP Camp Participant Testimonials: 

“Thank you so much for reaching out to an HBCU and seeing potential in us. This has been the best best BEST program I have been in. I truly enjoyed every moment spent here. I honestly don’t want to leave and I hope that I can come back and talk about my experience as a PEPP participant.”

“This program was AMAZING! For it to only be the first year, I was thoroughly impressed so I know for a fact the years to come will be remarkable. PEPP opened my eyes to so many more aspects and takes on pharmacy, it ignited the flame in me more about my passion for pharmacy. The experience overall was unforgettable, and it was such a pleasure to spend three days with everyone that was involved in the program. Thank you so much for the opportunity!”

2019 PEPP Camp Participant Testimonials: 

“I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the PEPP camp. I felt that there were general connections and fun. The counselors are awesome role models and very knowledgeable in admission and how to get into pharmacy. I am very thankful for the constructive advice, it shows that everyone cares. Ten out of ten!

“It was a great experience for me. It made me more confident in my abilities to get into pharmacy school. I will recommend this program to anyone who is interested in any health profession.”