New Student Services (NSS) is recruiting Orientation Advisors (OAs) for the 2019 orientation season.
OAs support and mentor new freshman and transfer students as they transition to The University of Texas at Austin and are among the first people new students and families meet when they come to campus. To prepare for this critical role, OAs receive extensive leadership training that serves them throughout their time at UT and beyond. They also learn valuable academic advising skills, write and perform in productions, develop creative media, plan large-scale events and much more.
NSS wants to build a team of diverse, talented and committed students who will represent the university well as they assist with welcoming the newest Longhorns to campus. If you are interested in this opportunity, please attend one of the six information sessions from Oct. 9-22 at varying locations and times. Students from any college and classification are eligible to become an Orientation Advisor.
Students MUST attend one of the following OA Information Sessions to receive an application:
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Calhoun Hall (CAL) 100
- Wednesday, Oct. 10, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Graduate School of Business Bldg. (GSB) 2.126
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Pharmacy Building (PHR) 2.108
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Garrison Hall (GAR) 0.102
- Thursday, Oct. 18, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Mary E. Gearing Hall (GEA) 105
- Monday, Oct. 22, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Burdine Hall (BUR) 106
For more information and to see the job description, visit orientation.utexas.edu/OA.