A note from the Institute of Reading Development:
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Each year we hire hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach our summer programs.
As an Institute teacher you will:
– Earn more than $6,000 in one summer. Our full-time teachers typically earn $500-$700 per week.Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
– Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
– Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of our teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
– Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
– Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
– Will be patient and supportive with students
Sound like you? Learn more about teaching for us and apply today: Summer Teaching Jobs