Helping You Prepare for Fall 2020 Classes

Resources to Help You Get Ready:

One-on-one Support

To help you prepare for Fall, I will be available in person and online until at least the 12th class day. Office hours will be conducted virtually (Zoom link below) and in person in Room 5.180.

• Office Hours
  • In-person Consultations
      • In addition to office hours, I will be available in the Nursing building to assist you, and in case you’d like to schedule a one-on-one consultation.
      • In the interest of safety, please do not come to my office or walk through Ruth Brady’s office to get to mine. Instead, schedule a meeting in one of the smaller 4th or 5th floor classrooms where we can sit a safe distance apart.
      • If you need immediate assistance, my office door (5.194A) will be open any time I am available.

Technology Updates

• Proctorio
    • As you may recall, UT Austin has made some changes to our contract with Proctorio and that means I need to make some changes to your Canvas course. After you’ve imported your course content into your Fall 2020 Canvas course(s), please let me know which specific courses need Proctorioso I can make sure everything is working properly.
  • Classroom Webcams
    • USB webcams are being installed in each classroom that will be used during Fall 2020. These webcams (which also have built-in microphones) will be placed on top of the computer monitors to help you connect quickly and easily to your Zoom meetings. These webcams are property of the School of Nursing and MUST remain in the classroom. If you have questions, please contact me.
  • Lectures Online – coming soon!
    • This new service from LAITS has been installed in several of our classrooms and will automatically record your lectures. More information about this service will be coming soon from LAITS.

And, before classes begin, don’t forget:

Tagged with: , , , , , ,