Below are some of the latest stories and other information highlighting the valuable work of our Division.
- Mooov-In Coverage
- Fox 7 News/Good Day Austin: Back to School (Gage Paine, VP for Student Affairs)
- YNN (Your News Now)
- Telemundo (@ 5:42, Olga Perez, Housing and Food Service)
- Univision (Olga Perez, Housing and Food Service)
- The Daily Texan: Renovated Hogg Auditorium Switches Focus to Students (Hogg Memorial Auditorium, University Unions)
- The Alcalde: Dallas Chapter Send-Off Is Biggest, Best Ever (Smita Ruzicka, Office of the Dean of Students)
- KVUE-TV: Student Veterans Collect Bottled Water to Send to Soldiers (Student Veteran Services)
- KXAN-TV: Operation Hydration’ Gives H2O to USO (Student Veteran Services)
- Huffington Post: 24-Hour Behavior Hotline a Useful Tool (LaToya Hill, Office of the Dean of Students)
- Austin American-Statesman: Larger UT Freshman Class Maxing Out Campus Housing (Laurie Mackey, Housing & Food Service)
- Fox 7 News: College Students Still Dealing with Housing Issues (Gage Paine, Vice President of Student Affairs)
- USA Today: The Ins and Outs of Sorority Recruitment (Marcia Gibbs, Office of the Dean of Students)
- KUT-FM: Funding Cuts Impact Cost of Required Vaccines (Sherry Bell, University Health Services)
UT Austin Home Page
- Thanks to Hemlata Jhaveri, Housing & Food Service, and her residence life team for submitting Helen Tau, a resident assistant at Jester West, who was profiled in a series on UT’s home page about students who “Changed the World” during their summer break. Read Helen’s awesome story.
UT Austin Home Page and @Texas enewsletter (sent to 240,000 alumni, friends, faculty, staff).
- Kudos to Jennifer Speer, Recreational Sports, who suggested student Maggie Gunn be profiled as part of Gale Stuart’s (Office of Assessment) “Research Advantage” report, which shows early evidence that students involved in out of classroom activities have higher GPAs and graduate in four years. Was featured on UT’s home page, @Texas enewsletter (sent to 240,000 alumni, friends, faculty, staff) and is on the “What Starts Here Changes the World Site” (UT’s branded site geared toward thought leaders and decision makers; a link to the site on the Texas Tribune site). Currently producing videos of eight more students to illustrate the importance of research, academics and out of classroom activities for the full student experience. Will also feature some of these student videos on UT’s home page throughout the fall.