After several years of hiatus, TARL is excited and proud to reintroduce the Friends of TARL
Every day, TARL works to protect and document archaeological sites, collections, and historic records. We provide important educational opportunities to students so they can build their future careers. We ensure that millions of artifacts are cared for, that new sites are documented correctly, and that new research can be done.
We need your help!
Membership in the Friends of TARL is a way to show your support for the work we do at TARL, sustain our work through vital financial contributions, and stay connected with what’s new in Texas archaeology. The Friends of TARL Member benefits include:
- Invitations to TARL events;
- Discounts on TARL merchandise;
- Subscription to our new quarterly e-newsletter.
Our goal is to have 100+ new members join during the month of October–Texas Archaeology Month. Join us today!
Join the Friends of TARL today as a Regular Member (one-time gift of $50 or just $4.17 per month for 12 months) or a Pedernales Member (one-time gift of $100 or $8.33 per month for 12 Months).
Special memberships are also available for current Students ($20) and Retirees ($30). Students who join will be eligible for Friends of TARL scholarships. Higher tier memberships are also available; see membership tiers below. Follow the instructions below to sign up as a Student, Retiree, or a higher tier member.
Instructions for one-time gifts:
- Follow the One-Time Payment link above.
- Ensure that the space labeled “Gift Area” reads “Liberal Arts, College of.”
- Choose “Texas Archeological Research Laboratory” from the next drop-down menu, labeled “Sub Department.”
- Enter your desired gift amount. The minimum to become a Regular Member is $50. Student memberships are $20 and Retiree memberships are $30.
- In the Special Instructions box, please specify if you are a Student or Retiree. If you are a current UT graduate or undergraduate student, please enter your EID. If you are a currently enrolled student at another university, please list your university.
- Click “Continue” to complete your payment information and submit your membership.
- Thank you for joining the Friends of TARL!