We are NOT cancelling this event due to rain! Instead, we are moving the event inside to the Commons Learning Center (the purple building on the map below).
It’s that time again! TARL is planning our annual Texas Archeology Month Fair! This year’s Fair will take place on International Archeology Day, October 20, 2018.
Join us on the main field at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus in north Austin from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for free, hands-on fun for all!
The Texas Archeology Month Fair brings together dozens of professional and avocational archeologists from across Texas, who lead a wide variety of hands-on educational activities and demonstrations on many different archaeological topics. The event is open to all visitors and there’s something fun for everyone!
This year’s activities and demonstrations will include:
- Sandal weaving
- Fire drilling
- Atlatl and rabbit sticks (prehistoric hunting techniques)
- Painted pebbles
- Rock art
- Historic button-making
- Face painting
Thank you so much to our partners and sponsors, who are helping to make this event possible!
This year’s donors include:
TARL’s event partners include:
- UT’s Anthropological Society
- UT’s Anthropology department
- UT’s Classics department
- UT’s Mesoamerican Center
- The Texas Archeological Society
- The Texas State History Museum
- Great Promise for American Indians
- The Travis County Archeological Society
- The Llano Uplift Archeologial Society
- The American Institute for Archaeology, Central Texas chapter
- Texas State University’s Forensic Anthropology program
- The Sophienburg Museum
- The Gault School of Archaeological Research
- The Shumla Archaeological Research and Education Center
- Texas Military Forces
- The Council of Texas Archeologists
- The Texas Historical Commission
- Many individual volunteers
TARL is looking for general volunteers to assist presenters and help with set-up and clean-up. To volunteer, please email email@example.com.
One thought on “Texas Archeology Month Fair 2018”
Archaeologists Have Discovered 40,000 Years Old Animal Paintings At A Cave In Borneo http://www.dailyamericanbuzz.com/2018/11/archaeologists-have-discovered-40000.html