Welcome, Jeff!

TARL is very pleased to welcome a new staff member, our new TexSite and Atlas Coordinator Jeff Arnold. Jeff is taking over the position recently vacated by longtime TARL staff member Jean Hughes. Jeff is now the person to contact regarding site recording forms, TexSite and Atlas submissions, and general mapping and GIS inquiries. He wanted to share this message:

Greetings to everyone,

I would like to thank all of the people at TARL and all of TARL’s associates that have welcomed me over the last few weeks. Since the beginning of August, I have been training with Jean Hughes to take over the position of TexSite and Atlas Coordinator following her retirement. Since there are so many people that I have not yet met, I’m grateful for this opportunity to introduce myself.

I was born and raised here in Austin, Texas and I am finishing my Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from the University of Texas. For a little over 8 years, I worked as a logistician in the United States Marine Corps where I finished my career as a Logistics Operations Instructor and curriculum developer of
logistics courses. After coming back to Austin, I was reintroduced to my high school girlfriend and we recently married in December of 2017. If you are ever visiting TARL, please drop by and say hi. I am looking forward to meeting many of you in the archeological community!

Hook ‘em Horns,
Jeff Arnold

TARL TexSite and Atlas Coordinator Jeff Arnold.