Expedited Proposal-Enhancement Grants (EP-EG) support TCRSS Faculty, Associates and Affiliate Investigators at UT Austin seeking to conduct research, consistent with our TCRSS mission, as they move into the final phase of preliminary work essential to a specific funding application. It is expected that funding will support primary tasks that may include refining the intervention and obtaining information to support research design decisions. Funding awards through EP-EG are up to $5,000, and are available until the appropriated funds are depleted.
EP-EG Grants Eligibility
Candidates for EP-EG grants are Investigators (full-time University of Texas at Austin tenured or tenure-track faculty members) who:
- are *TCRSS Faculty, **Associates and ***Affiliates
- expect to complete this EP-EG within 6 months of receiving approval for this grant;
- expect to submit a proposal for a major study (e.g., R01, R15, substantial funding from foundation) within 12 months of submitting the request; and
- work in a substantive area compatible with TCRSS mission. EP-EG grants must incorporate both of the following areas:
A. a transdisciplinary perspective
B. self-management for chronic conditions
- are willing to present EP-EG grant results at a future CHPR/TCRSS colloquium
*TCRSS Faculty: Center Faculty, (Co-) Directors and External Advisory members listed on our P-30 Center grant.
**TCRSS Associates: Collaborators and Advisors and Mentors to our P-30 Center or T32 grant proposal.
***TCRSS Affiliates: Other UT faculty whose research interests are aligned with our TCRSS mission, and would like to be partners of TCRSS. To qualify as a TCRSS Affiliate, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for prior approval.
Applications may be submitted at any time and must include:
- a three-page description of the planned project, including: how activities funded by EP-EG will support the specific funding application; a timeline for completing the project; and details on when and where the application for funding the major study will be submitted.
Download EP-EG Application Form (PDF Format)
- two-page biographical sketch of the principal investigator;
- detailed budget and justification.
- a 1-2 page final report will be required within 60 days of completing your EP-EG grant.
Contact Us: For further information, please contact our TCRSS office at: email@example.com