The Will Rogers Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a limited number of qualified students registered at The University of Texas at Austin. This scholarship is intended for students who are disabled or non-disabled students studying to work with individuals who are disabled, especially children who are disabled. “Disabled” in this context shall refer to students who have a physical or non-physical disability, including mental and spiritual hardships or obstacles caused by the environment and lack of opportunity. Financial need may be used to distinguish among applicants.
How to Apply
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for need-based financial aid by January 15 using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and return your scholarship application by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: Apply for admission using either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College Access, Affordability, and Success application by December 1. There is no separate scholarship application; scholarship-specific questions will be available through MyStatus.
- Continuing and Transfer Students: UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, by March 15
- Complete and return the Will Rogers Memorial Scholarship Certification (PDF) by the appropriate deadline:
- Entering Freshman Students: February 1 of your senior year of high school
- Continuing and Transfer Students: April 1