Center Space Project (CSP) is a student-run curatorial collective that works in conjunction with the Visual Arts Center and provides opportunities to UT students interested in participating in a larger artistic community. The organization fosters dialogue between undergraduate and graduate students as well as art professionals outside of the University. Members contribute their unique interests and skills to the collaborative production of exhibitions and events in Austin.
What We Do
The group organizes several activities each semester:
- Three annual exhibitions in the VAC’s Center Space Gallery
- Curatorial and critical writing workshops
- An annual undergraduate exhibition in the FAB Gallery
- Visits to local galleries and museums
- Studio visits with local artists and UT graduate students
- Travel to arts locations throughout Texas, including biannual trips to volunteer at the Chinati Foundation in Marfa
Center Space Project draws its members from across the UT campus community. The organization welcomes current UT students (undergraduate and graduate) from all departments. Membership is free and provides a wide range of opportunities through professional and social events.