Are you a leader in your local veteran family community? Do you want to help spouses in your area get connected and create a strong community?
Become a VSN Region Leader:
The VSN is currently recruiting veteran spouses and partners of veterans throughout Texas to become VSN Region Leaders. Region Leaders will help the network build stronger connections among spouses in Texas, and provide much needed supports to local spouses.
As a VSN Region Leader you will:
- Serve as a point of contact for spouses in your community – each region will be highlighted on the VSN website with a short bio and contact information for each region leader, allowing spouses in your community to contact you regarding local supports
- Help connect spouses in your community to local resources
- Host events for spouses in your community! Whether it’s a self-care Saturday, a luncheon, a yoga class, a family day, or an informational workshop, we want to provide spouses with opportunities to connect with other local spouses!
- Represent the VSN in your community
- Share events, articles, and resources with us to share on Facebook
- Write blog posts for the VSN website and help recruit other Texas spouses interested in writing blog posts to share their experiences and tell their story.
If you are interested in becoming a VSN Region Leader, take this brief survey today! For questions, contact Hannah O’Brien at email@example.com
Become a V-SRG Leader:
As a Veteran Spouse Resiliency Group leader, you will provide spouses with a community of support by hosting peer support groups that allow spouses to share their stories and experiences, and lean on one another for support and guidance.
V-SRG leaders become trained to lead in-person or online groups of 6-8 spouses through a 12 week program. All groups must be led by two veteran spouses, so we encourage you to apply with a co-lead in mind, or we can match you with spouses from your area. Check out our Programs page to learn more about the V-SRG program.
As a V-SRG Leader you will:
- Attend the February weekend training retreat near Brownwood, Texas (transportation/lodging/meals will all be provided.)
- We encourage leaders to attend this training, but alternate training may be provided if needed.
- Recruit spouses in your community in December 2020 for your first group beginning in Spring 2021 or Summer 2021.
- Begin running your first 12-week group in Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 and run a second 12-week group in Fall 2021 at a meeting space convenient to you or virtually. (Access to Zoom will be provided for all virtual leaders.) You can continue to run groups after that as well, but we require a commitment to run at least 2 groups.
- Commit 4-5 hours per week to facilitate weekly group sessions (12-week groups, 2-hour sessions), prep for the group, and attend weekly leader support calls.
- Attend weekly online/phone meetings with staff and other group leaders.
If you are interested in becoming a V-SRG Leader, take this brief survey today! For questions, contact Hannah O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org