- New Financial Improvements and Bug Fixes
- New I-9 Training Page; New I-9 FAQs
- Reminder: Use the Date Tracker Tool for Guidance on Begin/End Dates
- Newly Added Questions and Answers in the askUS Knowledgebase
- ICYMI: Mass Advance of Hourly Time Info Presented by HR Session Video
- ICYMI: Faculty Summer Job Info Session Presented by APS, Payroll, HR, Accounting, and Workday
- April 16 – Faculty Summer Job Info Session
- April 19 – Student Summer Job Info Session
- April 22 – Student Summer Job Info Session
Financial Improvements and Bug Fixes
The work to make improvements to mitigate financial issues and bugs is ongoing. Below is a list of recent improvements and bug fixes related to Payroll Financial Transactions and Workday.
Cost Transfers and Retro Cost Transfers:
- Integration runs have been shifted from twice monthly to every 2-3 days. This has sped up 75% of cost transfer activity. The remaining 25% of cost transfers will require manual work to resolve due to the complexity of the transactions.
- An issue where position IDs were missing in some records caused some cost transfers not to be picked up by the integration to DEFINE. This has been fixed by an integration enhancement and data clean-up is taking place.
- Changes to costing allocations done only at the earning level were not being picked up by the integration with DEFINE. This has been fixed by an enhancement to the integration and data clean-up is taking place.
- When users enter or correct costing allocations, Workday allows for the user to leave gaps where costing is not funded. A central report has been developed (Costing Allocation Gap report) to monitor for these gaps so users can be notified that there are gaps in funding that must be filled.
- Encumbrances are now auto approving so balances should be updated in DEFINE every day by 7 AM.
For a list of financial improvements and fixes to date, visit the Financial Fixes section of the Workday release notes.
New I-9 Training Page; New I-9 FAQs
Training documents for I-9 Partners have been added to their own training page along with new I-9 FAQs that came out of the February I-9 Partner Info Session.
Reminder: Use the Date Tracker Tool for Guidance on Begin/End Dates
The Date Tracker Tool provides guidance on which begin and end dates to use when processing Hires, Add Jobs, Change Jobs, End Additional Jobs, and Terminations. This tool checks any begin or end date and it even suggests alternative dates. Date rules regarding holidays and examples for the middle and beginning/end of month are also available. For additional questions, contact Records at email@example.com or 512-471-5127.
You can also find this information in this askUS article.
Faculty Summer Jobs Info Sessions
Academic Personnel Services, Payroll, HR, Accounting, and Workday will provide guidance on faculty summer employment to include assignments entry, mechanics, best practice for costing changes, Job costing tool usage, salary cap monitoring, retro changes, and how to handle niche cases such as 0% faculty and faculty that don’t work in the spring and/or fall but work in the summer.
Student Summer Jobs Info Sessions
Workday, Graduate School and HR teams will provide in-depth guidance on various options as it relates to summer employment and summer insurance eligibility for graduate academic student employees. This population of students will have the most complexity and variety. Guidance for other student populations will be provided on the Workday website
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Please note that starting the first week in March, release notes are moving to a twice-per-week schedule and will be posted on Wednesdays and Fridays.