In This Issue:
- Reminder – Preparing for Fall 2019 Training and Materials
- Searchable Resources – Find Training, Reports, and More
- Cancel or Rescind? What to do When Things go Wrong
- Search by Name to Head-off EID Merge Issues During Hiring
- Updated Guidance for Non-Tenure Track Faculty Contracts
- New and Updated Entries in the askUS Knowledgebase
- Supervisory Organization Forms Updated
- Upcoming Open Labs
- August 1 – Recruiting Basics for Hiring Managers, Screeners & Interviewers
- August 6 – Getting to Ready for Hire in Workday for Recruiters
- August 8 – ProTips – Troubleshooting
- August 15 – Workday Basics ILT
Student Onboarding Sessions
Centralized student onboarding sessions will begin on August 1 in the Flawn Academic Center (FAC). Student workers will be able to complete onboarding tasks, including completing the form I-9.
- August 1, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., FAC 101B
- August 6, 2 p.m.-5 p.m., FAC 101B
- August 9, 11 a.m.–2 p.m., FAC 30
- August 13, 2 p.m.–5 p.m., FAC 101B
- August 15, 1 p.m.–3 p.m., FAC 101B
Reminder – Preparing for Fall 2019 Training and Materials
As UT prepares for Fall 2019, remember to check out the Preparing for Fall 2019page on the Workday@UT website for the latest information on training opportunities as well as new and updated materials to help Workday users as they prepare for the start of the new academic year.
- Preparing for Fall Info Session Presentation Materials– Includes updates on Recruiting, Onboarding, Student Employment, Academic Employment, Job Costing, and more.
- Workday Training Events for Fall 2019– For Fall, Workday Training is offering several new and redesigned courses for both new and experienced Workday users.
- Workday Training Materials for Fall 2019– New and updated materials include guidance on Primary Job, Change Job, Student and Academic employment, as well as new Job Costing Tool example files.
The Preparing for Fall 2019page is updated as new resources become available.
Searchable Resources – Find Training, Reports, and More
Find what you’re looking for with these Workday resources.
Find Training – The All Workday Training Materials – Searchable Spreadsheet is the best way to find the training materials you need. Built-in filters allow you to narrow your search using multiple categories. Filterable categories include Lifecycle, Role, Area, and Material Type.
Find Reports – The Searchable Campus Reports List (Excel) provides an easy way to find the report you need. Filter by the type of report, ERP or Workday, workstream, security roles, and even keywords.
Find Your Local Contact – If you need help with your local unit’s HR policies or procedures, Workday Security, or Business Procedures, you can find your unit’s Business Officer, Security Partner, or Workday Super User on this contact list.
Cancel or Rescind? What to do When Things go Wrong
Even under the best of circumstances mistakes happen and situations change. The important thing is to know what to do when things go wrong or don’t go as planned. Some issues can be handled quickly and easily, while others are more difficult and will require time and effort to fix. Unfortunately, the time required to address those issues will only increase the longer it takes to address them. Knowing what to do and what to expect can make all the difference. To save time and effort when a mistake happens in a business process or a situation changes, learn when to cancel and when to immediately request a rescind. Continue reading Cancel or Rescind: What to do when things go wrong.
- Find/View, Cancel, or Rescind a Business Process Event(WIG)
- Request for a Rescind of Completed Transaction Matrix—Updated
- Request for a Rescind of Completed Transaction Form—Updated
Search by Name to Head-off EID Merge Issues During Hiring
To avoid EID merge issues in Workday, before hiring anyone, search for the new hire by their name and not EID—even if the applicant appears to already have an EID. If the search returns worker history for the name in question, use that EID for the hire. Doing this will help you avoid errors that will require you to contact Operational Support for assistance. The new hire can then merge any other EIDs they have into their Workday EID using the UT EID Self-Service Tools provided by ITS, without needing to contact Operational Support for assistance.
Updated Guidance for Non-Tenure Track Faculty Contracts
The Maintain Non-Tenure Track Faculty Contracts Workday Instructional Guide (WIG) has been updated to clarify start/end dates for Faculty Non-Tenure Track (9 Month) and Faculty Non-Tenure Track (12 Month) job families. For more resources related to this topic, see the Academic Employment section of the Workday@UT website.
New and Updated Entries in the askUS Knowledgebase
During July, over 50 entries in the askUS knowledge base received updates to make sure users receive the best answers to their questions. Updated entries include:
- Fiscal Year-End 2018-19 Voucher Processing Deadlines
- I need to change an employee’s compensation to an effective date prior to November 1, 2018, but I am receiving an error. How can I make this change?
- Where can I get help to understand my Workday payslip?–New
- How can I get a reprint of my form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage?
- What is a timesheet approver responsible for?
- How do I correct a one-time payment on the wrong cost center account?
askUS is a repository of answers to frequently asked questions about university-wide systems and processes—including Workday—and a great place for users to start when they need assistance.
Supervisory Organization Forms Updated
Supervisory Organizations (Sup Orgs) are the organizational structure in Workday that connects workers to their manager and to the manager’s unit within the organizational hierarchy of the department. On request, Operational Support (OPS) can create a new sup org, make changes existing sup orgs, and assist with moving workers into a new or existing sup org. In preparation for Fall 2019, OPS reviewed and updated the forms used to request these services to make the process clearer and more efficient.
- Create Supervisory Organization form
- Update Supervisory Organization form
- Move Workers into a Different Supervisory Organization form
For more information or to request help from OPS, please visit the Help & Support page.
Upcoming Open Labs
Open, walk-in sessions are being offered to allow users to bring transactions with them to initiate in Workday and receive hands-on assistance. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions.
General labs focus on staff, student, and other general topics. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions. Open labs are appropriate for anyone who attended instructor-led training and has an HR, finance, academic, or security role in Workday. To help with preparations for Fall 2019, we have scheduled the following labs:
- August 7 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 14 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 21 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 28 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.