- New in askUS – Troubleshooting a Pre-Hire
- Change Job Effective Date Enhancement
- New Report Allows Job Posting Preview Before Approval
- View Ticket and Notification History in askUS
- Workday Release Notes Update
- October Workday Training
- Upcoming Open Labs
New in askUS – Troubleshooting a Pre-Hire
The Help Desk, Operational Support, and SURGE teams gathered tips and feedback from the fall 2019 start-up into a new askUS entry designed to help departments avoid or correct errors that can arise during the hiring process. Topics covered include:
- Preventing Duplicates
- Locating a Pre-Hire Record
- Correcting a Pre-Hire’s Name or EID
- Tips for Avoiding Pre-Hire Errors
- Merging Multiple EIDs
View the entire Troubleshooting a Pre-Hire entry in askUS.
Change Job Effective Date Enhancement
Effective Oct. 10, 2019, Change Jobs can have the same effective date as the Position Start Date. The release of this enhancement will allow users to change Scheduled Weekly Hours, Job Profile, Job Classification, and Employee Type with the same effective date as the Position Start Date, without the need to contact Operational Support for assistance.
Starting Oct. 10, 2019, Operational Support will review and send back requests involving effective dates that can now be corrected by the requestor. An updated version of the Request for a Rescind of Completed Transaction Matrix will be available on the 10th when the update goes into effect.
New Report Allows Job Posting Preview Before Approval
A new report, Job Posting Preview – RPT0773, allows users to preview a job requisition before it is routed for approvals and ready to post. To preview, save the requisition, which causes Workday to generate a job requisition number. Run the report, enter the requisition number into the prompt, and then select “Print” to view the Job Posting Preview. Alternatively, users may click “Notify Me Later” to have a PDF of the Job Posting Preview sent to their Notification folder.
View Ticket and Notification History in askUS
You may already know that when you contact the Helpdesk or askUS, that contact generates a service ticket, but did you know that you can view your tickets online? You can! Login to askUS with your UT EID and click the “My Profile” button. You will see a listing of your recent tickets, which you can manage by adding additional information or even close a ticket you no longer need help with.
The Account Overview also provides you an easy way to view and manage your askUS notifications. If you are not already using them, askUS allows you to receive a notification when an entry or category is updated with a new response. It’s a great way to stay up to date on topics that change often.
Learn more by viewing Ticket History and Notifications for askUS.
Workday Release Notes Update
Workday Release Notes have been moved to a new home on the Workday@UT website. You can now find release notes and related information at the links below.
- Release Notes – Release Notes include issues that may affect users, fixes, improvements (enhancements), and links to new.
- Enhancements Status – The Enhancements status list provides requestors a way to track updates to their requests before they are released to the live system
- Known Issues – This is a list of known issues affecting campus which are being investigated by the UT Workday team. Entries are removed when they are resolved or deemed to be no longer an issue.
- Release Notes Archive – Release Notes from Nov. 2018 – Aug. 2019 are now kept in a UT Box archive.
October Workday Training
There are multiple Workday Training opportunities coming up in October. Training events include both ILT courses through UTLearn and open training sessions in Avaya Auditorium (POB 2.302, livestream).
- Oct. 11 – Workday Costing – Advanced ILT (FAC 227)
- Oct. 15 – Workday ProTips – Dates Matter (Avaya Auditorium, POB 2.302)
- Oct. 17 – Workday Basics ILT (FAC 227)
- Oct. 18 – Costing Basics for HR Roles (Avaya Auditorium, POB 2.302)
- Oct. 22 – Workday Basics ILT (FAC 227) — Additional session added!
- Oct. 24 – Workday Costing – Basics ILT for NEW Cost Center Managers (FAC 227)
- Oct. 29 – Recruiting Basics for Hiring Managers, Screeners & Interviewers (Avaya Auditorium, POB 2.302)
- Oct. 31 – Workday Costing – Advanced ILT (FAC 227)
Upcoming Open Labs:
Open, walk-in sessions are being offered to allow users to bring transactions with them to initiate in Workday and receive hands-on assistance. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions.
General labs focus on staff, students, and other general topics. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions. Open labs are appropriate for anyone who attended instructor-led training and has an HR, finance, academic, or security role in Workday.
- Oct. 16 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- Oct. 23 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- Oct. 30 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
Release Notes Available Online/Via Email
Release Notes, which include known issues, fixes, improvements, and links to new guidance, are posted twice-per-week on the Workday Release Notes page. You can also subscribe to receive release notes via email. Workday posts release notes on Wednesdays and Fridays.