Suicide Prevention Resources//
- Texas Suicide Prevention This website provides resources for Texas specific suicide prevention resources. It includes a suicide prevention toolkit, information about trainings, best practices resources, and information about current policy.
- DSHS Suicide Prevention The Texas Department of State Health Services website for suicide prevention provides up-to-date information about current legislation and training requirements for public school personnel. You can also find best-practices resources for suicide prevention and training programs. They also include suicide prevention videos with true stories from survivors.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center SPRC is the nation’s only federally supported resource center devoted to advancing the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention. Their website includes current news, information about trainings, and resources for professionals. The SPRC also has a weekly newsletter with current announcements, news, and research.
- Zero Suicide Zero Suicide is a commitment to suicide prevention in health and behavioral health care systems and also a specific set of tools and strategies. The Zero Suicide website gives access to a suicide prevention toolkit, and provides information about upcoming eWorkshops and access to previously recorded webinars. They provide helpful information regarding each of the 6 core competencies of Zero Suicide.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the leader in the fight against suicide. Their user-friendly website includes information helpful in understanding the problem of suicide, tools for prevention, and ways to help cope with a loss. They provide information for mental health professionals and those not working in the field. Additionally, this resource provides information about current research, advocacy, and public policy.
- American Association of Suicidology AAS is a membership organization for all those involved in suicide prevention and intervention, and touched by suicide. The AAS has resources for all people impacted by suicide. They provide information about resources, relevant training programs, and information for survivors of suicide.
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention is the public-private partnership advancing the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention. Their website provides information about national suicide prevention, downloadable webcasts, and current resource and task force information.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. Their website includes information about suicide prevention organizations, weblinks, and articles. They also offers funding through grant opportunities. Additionally you can find resources for addressing bullying and for providing culturally competent practice.
Additional Sites or Resources of Interest
- State Plan for Suicide Prevention in Texas
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- Summary of Texas Laws Related to Suicide
- Texas Suicide Safer Schools Report