The African American Nursing Student Association (AANSA) is an organization for aspiring nurses and the University of Texas student body. AANSA provides services in the community through health awareness, leadership, mentorship and volunteer services. AANSA is dedicated to increasing the number of ethnic minority students at the University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing by providing academic and psychosocial supports. AANSA strives to provide educated minority nurses to meet the healthcare needs of a growing ethnic minority population in Texas and throughout the United States.
Become a Member! Please email us at email@example.com if you want to be part of our organization.
- Provide a comfortable environment where students encourage each other to develop interpersonal skills, good study habits, and academic savvy.
- Encourage students to integrate themselves into the academic and social life of the University of Texas at Austin.
- Increases the number of minority students entering and graduating from the University of Texas School of Nursing.
- AANSA is a non-segregated group that strives to serve the needs of African American students at the University of Texas at Austin who wish to pursue a career in nursing.
- AANSA allows students with similar backgrounds to develop a friendship and support network which helps them take advantage of all the benefits available at the University of Texas at Austin.