The University of Texas College of Pharmacy welcomes you to the Hospital Practice Seminar. This CE seminar will focus on the educational needs of hospital pharmacists, physicians, and pharmacy technicians. The Seminar will take place on June 15-16, 2018 at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Austin, Texas.
Topics Important for Hospital Practice
The Hospital Practice Seminar’s (HPS) mission is to provide important updates relevant to today’s hospital-based pharmacists, physicians, and pharmacy technicians. The HPS promotes a culture of cross-institutional collaboration, creativity and innovation. Here are some of the topics we are working on for this year’s seminar.
2018 Seminar Topics
- Updates in the Treatment of Sepsis
- Antibiotic Stewardship & Resistance
- Interchangeability of Biosimilars
- Enhanced Surgical Recovery
- Pneumonia Antimicrobial Treatment w/ Steroid Use
- Evaluating the Cost of Care
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Communicating with Your C-Suite
- Precepting in Multidisciplinary Teams
- Mindfulness Meditation
- New Drug Update
- Addiction and Inpatient Detoxification
TSBP-requirements (if applicable)
- Sterile Compounding (2 hours)
- Precepting with Multidisciplinary Teams (1 hour)
- Pharmacists & Physicians Collaborating: Opioid Epidemic
presented by TSBP & TX Medical Board (1.5 hours)
Who Should Attend
Pharmacists, Physicians, and Pharmacy Technicians who practice in hospital or clinical settings, who wish to learn practical information in order to improve practice behaviors and patient outcomes.