- Maricarmen Hernandez – University of Texas at Austin Continuing Fellowship; American Association of University Women (AAUW) Austin Branch Fellowship
- Katie Jensen – Best Social Sciences Award, Honorable Mention from the Brazil Section of Latin American Studies Association for her forthcoming article in Ethnic and Racial Studies. Katherine Jensen. Forthcoming. “The Epistemic Logic of Asylum Screening: (Dis)embodiment and the Production of Asylum Knowledge in Brazil.” Ethnic and Racial Studies:1-19.
- Shannon Malone Gonzalez – 2018 ASA Distinguished Graduate Student Paper Award, Section on Race, Gender, and Class, for her paper, “Black Girls and the Talk: Policing, Parenting, and the (Re)Production of Social Class
- Jamie O’Quinn – Graduate Research Award, ASA LGBTQ Caucus.
- Emily Paine – Graduate Student Paper Award from the Health, Health Policy, & Health Services Division of the Society for the Study of Social Problems, as well as an Honorable Mention in the Graduate Student Paper Award Competition from the Sociology of Body and Embodiment section of ASA for her paper, “Embodied Disruption: ‘Sorting out’ Gender and Nonconformity in the Doctor’s Office”.
- Ruijie Peng – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant; IJURR (International Journal of Urban and Regional Research) Foundation Studentship for 2018-2019; Firebird Foundation for Anthropological Research Laura W.R Appell Fellowship (in collaboration with Nathaniel Sims), 2018-2019
- Beth Prosnitz – Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award for research in Nepal (2018-2019)
- Katie Rogers – 2018 Bruce D. Johnson Graduate Student Paper Award for her paper entitled “Only Real Criminals Rape: Race, Sexuality, and Morality Discourse in the U.S. Legal Cannabis Industry.”
- Mary Ellen Stitt – American Bar Foundation / National Science Foundation Doctoral Fellowship in Law and Inequality (2018-2020); P.E.O. Scholar Award (2018-2019); National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant; Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy Graduate Research Award
- Maro Youssef – Joseph H. Fitcher Research Grant: The Association for the Sociology of Religion (2018), The Kisco Spirit Scholarship Fund (2018); Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship
- Caitlin Carroll – Swedish Excellence Endowment Scholarship; Foreign Language and Area Studies Award (Swedish), 2017-18
- Maricarmen Hernandez – Fulbright U.S. Student Award for research in Ecuador (2017-2018); International Research Scholarship (and Education Fee Scholarship); E.D. Farmer International Fellowship; Pan American Round Tables of Texas Terry Griswold Scholarship
- Katie Jensen – University of Texas at Austin Continuing Fellowship
- Emily Payne – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant; CLAGS: Center for LGBTQ Studies Scholar in Residence
- Ruijie Peng – Winner of the Society for the Study of Social Problems Labor Studies Division Student Paper Award for her article,”One Transnational Project, Two Labor Regimes: The Workers’ Experience with Labor Process and Racialization on a Chinese Hydroelectric Project in Ecuador.”; Research for Social Change Fellowship, MAXQDA, 2017-2018; Firebird Foundation for Anthropological Research, Eastern Himalayan Studies Fellowship (in collaboration with Nathaniel Sims), 2017-2018
Caitlin Carroll – Foreign Language and Area Studies Award (Danish)
Katie Jensen – P.E.O. Scholar Award; Anna Luiza Ozorio de Almeida Field Research Grant, LLILAS
Katie Sobering – University of Texas at Austin Continuing Fellowship
- Kara Takasaki – External grant for Time Use Surveys training workshop University of Maryland
- Caitlyn Collins – American Association of University Women’s (AAUW) national fellowship; DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst/German Academic Exchange Service) Research Grant; Center for European Studies PhD Research Grant on EU Public Policy (2015)
- Katie Jensen – Fulbright U.S. Student Award for research in Brazil (2015-2016)
- Shannon Malone Gonzalez – National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship (2015-2017)
- Pamela Neumann – Winner of SSSP’s Conflict, Social Action, and Change Graduate Student Paper Award for her paper “‘We are not retarded’: Explaining Collective Inaction in a Company Town”
- Jen Scott – Doctoral Fellows Award from the Society for Social Work & Research (2015)
- Vivian Shaw – Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship through the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) (2015-2016); National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (2015-2016)
- Katie Sobering – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (2015)
- Kate Averett – Martin P. Levine Memorial Dissertation Award for her work in the sociology of sexuality (2014-2015)
- Caitlyn Collins – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (2014-2015), Center for European Studies PhD Research Grant on EU Public Policy (2014)
- Jacinto Cuvi – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (2014-2015)
- Jorge Derpic – Foundation for Urban and Regional Studies, Oxford University and the Inter-American Foundation (IAF) Fellowship (2014-2016)
- Jessica Dunning Lozano – National Academy of Education/Spencer Dissertation Fellowship (2014-2015)
- Kristine Kilanski – 2014 WGS Dissertation Fellowship (2014-2015)
- Marcos Perez – National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Research Grant (2014)
- Jen Scott – National Association of Social Workers Eileen Blackey Doctoral Fellowship, P.E.O. International Graduate Scholar Award (2014), and the American Association of University Women Austin Branch Doctoral Fellowship (2014). Jen was also selected to be a Visiting Graduate Student Scholar Fellowship at the Center for Poverty Research at UC Davis in the fall of 2014.
- Katie Sobering – Fulbright U.S. Student Award for research in Argentina (2014-2015)
- Esther Sullivan – American Fellowships from the American Association of University Women (AAUW) (2014).