I’m an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin, working in the Energy Systems area. My current research interests include power system monitoring and operations, and energy data analytics.
- I’m going to give a talk on data-driven grid dynamics modeling using PMU data at the upcoming NREL Autonomous Grid Workshop.
- Spring 2019: I’m teaching a new grad-level course on “Data Analytics in Power Systems” at UT [Syllabus]
- Please find the teaching material (slides/notes) for the new course on power distribution systems that I developed in 2016.
- New manuscript (with Jianhan Emiliano, and Andrea): Dynamic Distribution State Estimation Using Synchrophasor Data
- New manuscript (with Hafez and Nikos): Optimal Power Flow with Step-Voltage Regulators in Multi-Phase Distribution Networks. Earlier conference version appeared in PSCC 2018.
- New manuscript (with Kaiqing, Alec, and Tamer): Projected Stochastic Primal-Dual Method for Constrained Online Learning with Kernels.
- Our paper (with Gang Wang and Georgios Giannakis at UMN) on “Robust State Estimation from Rank-One Measurements” has been accepted by IEEE Trans. Control of Network Systems.
- Shanny Lin and Yuqi Zhou joined UT. Welcome!