I’m an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. My current research interests include developing statistical learning and optimization algorithms for electric power grids and general networked systems.
- Kyung-bin Kwon and Shaohui Liu are joining UT this year. Welcome!
- 06/2019: Participated in the UT Women in Engineering Program (WEP) summer camps along with Shanny. Gave a talk to junior high school girls on “the power grid #apagon.”
- 06/2019: New manuscript (with Kaiqing, Alec, and Tamer): Global Convergence of Policy Gradient Methods to (Almost) Locally Optimal Policies . Earlier conference version to be presented at CDC 2019.
- 06/2019: New manuscript (with Yu): Fast Nonconvex SDP Solvers for Large-scale Power System State Estimation
- 06/2019: Review book chapter (with Chen at Argonne): A Sparse Representation Approach for Power System Anomaly Identication Using Synchrophasor Data
- 06/2019: I’m honored to receive the IEEE PES Austin Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award (OEA).
- 05/2019: Presented tutorial ‘”data-driven grid dynamics modeling using ambient synchrophasor data” at the IEEE Intl. Conf. on Smart Grid Synchronized Measurements and Analytics (SGSMA), College Station, TX.
- 04/2019: New paper (with Lin-yu, Max, Dr. Chu): Intrusion Detection in Distributed Frequency Control of Isolated Microgrids, appeared on IEEE Trans. Smart Grid
- 05/2019: I’m giving a talk on data-driven grid dynamics modeling using PMU data at the upcoming NREL Autonomous Grid Workshop.
- 01/2019: I’m teaching a new grad-level course on “Data Analytics in Power Systems” at UT [Syllabus] [Lecture notes]
- 01/2019: Please find the teaching material (slides/notes) for my course on “Power Distribution System Analysis” that I developed in 2016.
- New manuscript (with Jianhan Emiliano, and Andrea): Dynamic Distribution State Estimation Using Synchrophasor Data
- New paper (with Hafez and Nikos): Optimal Power Flow with Step-Voltage Regulators in Multi-Phase Distribution Networks, accepted by IEEE Trans. Power Systems. Earlier conference version appeared in PSCC 2018.
- New paper (with Kaiqing, Alec, and Tamer): Projected Stochastic Primal-Dual Method for Constrained Online Learning with Kernels, accepted by IEEE Trans. Signal Processing
- New paper (with Gang Wang and Georgios Giannakis) on “Robust State Estimation from Rank-One Measurements” has been accepted by IEEE Trans. Control of Network Systems.
- Shanny Lin and Yuqi Zhou joined UT. Welcome!