Scroll down for past PSTC newsletters.
In the News
- Principal Investigator Benny Freeman is part of a team of chemical engineers at The University of Texas at Austin who have been selected to help lead a National Science Foundation engineering research center, the Center for Innovative and Strategic Alkane Resources (CISTAR), aimed at developing new technologies for converting natural gas into transportation fuels.
Honors & Awards
- Principal Investigator Michael Baldea received the 2017 Outstanding Young Researcher Award in the Computing and Systems Technology Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
- Melanie M. Merrick, from the Freeman Group, placed 2nd in the Environmental and Sustainability Poster Category at UT Energy Week 2018.
- Alon Kirschner, from the Freeman Group, has placed 2nd in the Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition which celebrates the exciting research conducted by graduate students.
- Joshua D. Moon, from the Freeman group, has been selected as one of the three recipients of the 2018 NAMS Student Fellowship Awards.
- Calvin Tsay, from the Baldea Group, has received the prestigious University Graduate Continuing Fellowship for 2018-2019.
- Morgan T. Kelley, from the Baldea group, has been awarded the Department of Energy’s Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF).