Professor Cossy Hough has partnered with alumni Will Francis (MSSW ’10) and Anna Stelter (MSSW ’16) to launch 70% (socialworkershealthpolicy.com), a blog about health policy, the social determinants of health, and social workers’ commitment to advance good health in their places of practice.
Why 70%? That’s the estimated influence of environment and lifestyle on overall health — medical care and genetics take the remaining 30 percent. The blog is actively recruiting contributions from social workers. Get in touch with Cossy if you want to learn more or contribute: cossyhough@ austin.utexas.edu