Where did the Drivers Exercise come from?
While the exercise and this website was the work of Clint Tuttle, it is critical to point out that none of this would have been possible without the tremendous support of the UT Austin Provost Teaching Fellows program which provided funding, mentoring, and constant encouragement. Clint Tuttle was selected as a Fellow in Summer 2017 to serve a 2-year term with the goal of creating this exercise and disseminating to as many UT students and affiliates as possible. Over 3000 people in and outside of UT took the exercise during those 2 years. Even though Clint’s term has been completed, he remains a part of the PTF program and fortunately, this exercise and site will persist forever for future students, advisors, faculty, staff, and people of the Austin community.
Shout Outs & Thanks Yous
A great amount of thanks goes to so many of the volunteers and people who were willing to help create, promote, and use this exercise to improve the lives of the Longhorn community. Specially Clint would like to thanks the following people:
- Sandy Leeds – Clint’s amazing PTF mentor
- Bev Chin Day – Bev was the Career Counselor at Accenture that introduced me to the idea of knowing your drivers. That introduction became part of the inspiration to create a student-focused version of this framework.
- Student Team – Brian Peterson, Daniel Madden, Nausheen Lalani, and Samantha Fox were MIS undergraduates that volunteered to provide technical development, platform research, and feedback on how to improve the exercise.
- Clint’s past TAs – Bill Rhode, Cameron Crump, Helen Hoang, and John Ortiz shared valuable UX/UI feedback
- Interviewees – Bill Rhode, Christine Peterson, Emma Martin, Grant Prengler, Hon Lam, Kristen Hughes, Louis Andres, Michell Li, Patrick Doyle, Rajan Cinclair. Stephanie Cantu, and Zachariah Rollins
- Laptop Sticker Designers – Siqi Huang, May Chen, and Jenna Zhang designed the Drivers Exercise laptop stickers below and many more.
- Sergio Samayoa – A Senior Videographer at Texas McCombs who did most of the awesome videos
- Participants – The following groups were a big part of using this application or provide its members: A Different Story, Business Honors Program, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, College internship courses, Communication Career Services, Communications Internship Course, Crossroads of the UT Catholic Center, Freshman Interest Groups, Gateway Scholars, Longhorn Link (SSS) Programs, McCombs MS Programs Office, McCombs Success Scholars, McCombs Undergraduate Programs Office, MIS Mentoring Program, Natural Sciences Internship Course, Sophomore Development Mentoring, TC3 (Texas Campus Career Council), ULN Program, So many UT Alumni, and over 3000 students from every college on the UT Campus
- All the Provost Teacher Fellows!!!
- Many Others – There are countless students, alumni, faculty, and friends that were also interviewed, provided advice, and helped this project. You know who you are. Thank you as well!
Drivers Exercise Laptop Stickers
Want one of these stickers for your laptop? We don’t ship stickers but if you’re on the UT campus, shoot Clint an email and he’ll coordinate getting you a sticker.