About Us

HwH has its origins as a Destination Imagination project at Canyon Vista MS and Westwood HS in Austin, Texas aimed at performing for the elderly. After coming to the University of Texas at Austin, one of the founders Victoria Fung decided to continue the club, while expanding its scope to include anyone who could be touched by the power of music. Thus, in the fall semester of 2015, Healing with Harmonies was born!

2023-2024 Elected Officers

President: Sarah Tran

• Year: Senior
      • Major: Chemistry
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2020
      • Music Role: Conductor, violist
      • Favorite Memory: I have loved our performances at Heritage Park! Getting to see the excitement of our audience members as they sway and sing along to the older songs we perform (Beatles pieces!!) is always heartwarming.
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Meeting new members and reuniting with returners, bringing our music to new venues, and making cherished memories with everyone during all our rehearsals, concerts, and socials one last time :’)

Vice President of Philanthropy: Jasmine Yuan

• Year: Junior
      • Major: Biology
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2022
      • Music Role: Violinist
      • Favorite Memory: I really liked the final concert at Heritage Park because it had all the feels–with the residents singing along, the surprise senior sendoff, and the conclusion to the school year (Hertiage Park was the first and last concert of that school year).
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Meeting new people and learning new songs!

Vice President of Membership: Kashish Sawant

• Year: Sophomore
      • Major: Neuroscience
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2022
      • Music Role: Flutist
      • Favorite Memory: Our concert at the Mueller Amphitheater! The scenery was so pretty and I loved seeing our audience light up after hearing our music!
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Meeting new faces and being able to spread the joy of music together! Healing with Harmonies has given me such an amazing safe space to truly enjoy the music we make and feel proud of the work we do, and I am excited to continue that!

Music Directors: Linh Nguyen & Ashna Pethe

• Year: Junior
      • Major: Speech Language and Hearing Sciences
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2021
      • Music Role: Vocalist
      • Favorite Memory: Our karaoke social in Spring 2022!
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Meeting all the new singers/instrumentalists and adding even more variety to our pop music selections.

• Year: Junior
      • Major: Neuroscience
      • Semester Joined HwH: Spring 2022
      • Music Role: Vocalist
      • Favorite Memory: My favorite memory from HWH was spring semester of sophomore year when we performed at Mueller Amphitheater. The audience was very engaged and they loved when we performed some new songs, including Dancing Queen!
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Leading the vocalists with Linh, as well as hanging out with everyone at the socials and concerts! I also can’t wait to meet all the new members.

Treasurer: Jewelle Bautista

• Year: Junior
      • Major: Management Info Systems
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2021
      • Music Role: Guitarist, vocalist
      • Favorite Memory: My favorite memory would have to be in Fall 2021 when we all dressed up for a Halloween concert. It was so fun to see everyone in their costumes.
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: I’m excited for all the new songs we’re going to perform!

Social Coordinator: Varsha Narayanan

• Year: Senior
      • Major: Computer Science
      • Semester Joined HwH: Fall 2022
      • Music Role: Vocalist
      • Favorite Memory: I loved our concert at the Mueller amphitheater because of the fun audience and pretty venue!
      • What I’m Looking Forward To This Year: Making more memories with members at socials, concerts, and rehearsals.

Past Officers

Click here to see a list of past elected officers!

×