Please verify dates, times, locations of meetings with the Interest Group Chair.
- Now until Nov 27, 2022: Ellsworth Kelly: Postcards. Blanton Museum of Art. To be on the in-person guided tour list, email Laraine Lasdon.
- Now until Jan 1, 2023: The Writers: Portraits by Laura Wilson. Harry Ransom Center.
- Oct 6, 4:30 PM: Pforzheimer Lecture Series. Dr. Liza Blake will highlight Cavendish’s work to craft a reputation by carefully managing the distribution of her writing. RSVP to Laraine Lasdon.
- Oct 11-16: Fall Neill-Cochran House Study Tour across the Texas Plains. For details, contact Barbara Newey.
- Oct 18, 2022, 12:00 – 2:00 PM: RFSA Fall Luncheon at Alumni Center. Parking provided. Invitation with RSVP will be emailed from the Office of the President.
- Oct 19, 2:30 PM: BLANTON exhibition: The Painted Cloth. Special RFSA Members-only tour of newly opened exhibition. Parking in Brazos garage. Arrive at 2:20. RSVP to Laraine Lasdon.
- Oct 23-30, 2022: 8-day Lower Mississippi Cruise. Contact Lori Threatt, RFSA Travel Advisor, at 737-228-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or RFSA Trip Leader Robin Fradenburgh.
- Oct 25, 1:00 PM: HRC: The Writers – an amazing portrait show from world-class photographer Laura Wilson. Special RFSA Members-only tour. RSVP to Laraine Lasdon.
- October 27, 2022, 11:00 AM: Preview meeting for 2023 New York City and Hudson River Valley Trip (scheduled for 2023). Register for this preview meeting in advance: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrfuqtpzksHdSsAb_YsPJg_mg8ArnkxfUi. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Everyone who registers will be sent a link to the recording of the meeting as well.
- Nov 20, 2022: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical. Bass Concert Hall. Get tickets (use code HOLIDAY22)
- Dec 1, 2022, 2:30 to 4:30 PM: Holiday Party and Orange Santa Support. Thompson Conference Center.
- Dec 18, 2022: The Illusionists – Magic of the Holidays. Bass Concert Hall. Get tickets (use code HOLIDAY22)
- Feb 1, 2023, 10 AM to noon: Executive Committee Meeting.
- Feb 15, 2023, 10 AM to noon: Board Meeting.
- Mar 8-15, 2023: 7-day 5-night Iceland, Land of Fire and Ice Tour (Trip A). Trip Leader TBA. (sold out)
- Mar 15-22, 2023: 7-day 5-night Iceland, Land of Fire and Ice Tour (Trip B). Trip Leaders Sybil Momii or Keith Momii. (sold out)
- Apr 2023: Spring Meeting and Luncheon.
- Jul 22-30, 2023: Nova Scotia & Canadian Maritimes Tour. Contact Lori Threatt, RFSA Travel Advisor, at 737-228-3680 or email@example.com, or RFSA Trip Leader Robin Fradenburgh. Brochure.
- Sep 22-28, 2023: New York City & Hudson River Valley Tour. Contact Lori Threatt, RFSA Travel Advisor, at 737-228-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or RFSA Trip Leader Billie Pierce. Brochure.
INTEREST GROUP Information:
Mondays — Exercise Group: A weekly class, designed for RFSA members, meets in Gregory Gym North Studio on Monday mornings from 8:30 until 9:30 a.m. Experienced exercise instructor Sandy Erickson leads us in a variety of exercises designed for all ages and fitness levels. She can adapt the exercises for anyone with special needs.
Monthly — Bridge Group: The Bridge Group meets on the first Monday of each month in the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center at 1 p.m. Texas Exes provides free parking in the garage below, as well as free iced drinks and coffee, both regular and decaf.
Monthly — Foodies Group: The Foodies Group gets together for lunch and dinner once a month. We enjoy eating together at some of Austin’s great restaurants and the conversation is always friendly and filled with laughter.
Monthly — Speaker Series: These events will be held at a branch of Austin Public Libraries, generally on the second Wednesday of each month. Speaker Series includes Finance/Investments, Interdisciplinary Topics, Health and Discussion Topics.