University of Texas at Austin | School of Information
- INF 388L Professional Experience and Project
This course allows students to apply ideas and concepts developed throughout the program to a professional problem or project in a real-world setting. The course provides the opportunity to practice handling various professional issues and problems while reflecting on experiences gained as students prepare to launch themselves professionally.
- INF 385T User Behavior and Search Experience
The purpose of this course is to provide theoretical and practical foundations for information professionals who wish to design and evaluate search systems and services, taking user-centered approaches. This course explores search user interfaces, search behavior, search interaction, search user experience, and measures and methods for evaluating search systems. Students will have opportunities to discuss information-seeking behavior in contexts such as academic settings, professional work settings, everyday life, health contexts, and digital learning environments. Students will learn about the nature of interaction with information in a variety of application areas, including search engines, domain-specific information retrieval systems, digital libraries, collaborative search, and social search.
University of Michigan | School of Information
- 551 Information Behavior and Search Experience
- 699-09 Library and Archives Assessment
- 531 Human Interaction in Information Retrieval
- 500 Information in Social Systems
- 710-004 Doctoral Seminar in Human Information Behavior and Interaction
- 647 Information Resources and Services