Application Deadline: December 11, 2015
The TCRSS Scholars Program is designed to support the research and scholarly development of doctoral nursing students enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing’s PhD program. The Scholars Program provides stipend support for two well-qualified scholars whose research interests are a good fit with the goals of the TCRSS Center. Currently, we are seeking applications to fill one scholar position. The selected TCRSS Scholar will be actively involved in Center activities throughout their 2-year appointment.
- Full-time doctoral nursing students currently enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing’s PhD program.
Benefits to selected TCRSS Scholars:
- $20,000 stipend over two calendar years paid in quarterly installments ($10,000 per year).
- Scholars may not apply for a second round of support, beyond their 2-year term.
- Opportunities to work with transdisciplinary researchers.
- Participate throughout the two years in weekly activities that support the work of the TCRSS Center.
- Participate in planning and evaluation meetings of the TCRSS Center.
- Funding is January through December (for two calendar years).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following materials
- Essay (500 word maximum) describing the applicant’s research goals and how this opportunity could advance the applicant’s scholarly career.
- Recommendation from faculty advisor supporting the applicant’s stated goals and interest in self-management science.
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- TCRSS Scholars Program application cover page (Word Format).
Submissions are accepted by email only. All application materials should be emailed to Kelli Royse: email@example.com, by the December 11, 2015 deadline.
Process: The materials will be distributed to the review panel by December 12, 2015 using the secure Box system. The review panel will be composed of selected TCRSS Directors and Center Faculty. Decisions will be communicated to the applicants prior to the University Holiday (December 22, 2015).