In This Issue:
- Preparations and Training for Workday to Ramp Up Throughout Spring 2018
- Workday Brief: Benefits Eligible Staff Life Cycle
- Workday Brief: Top 10 Workday Terms to Learn Now
- Workday Town Hall Scheduled for Feb. 2018
- Workday Reflections: Cornell University
- Take the Newsletter Survey
Preparations and Training for Workday to Ramp Up Throughout Spring 2018
When the university adopts Workday this November to fill the human resources and payroll needs for campus, most employees will see a shift towards a more streamlined and accessible way to do basic business with the university like updating timesheets or adding a dependent. For others, Workday will bring major changes to the way they perform their daily work. To ensure that all users are prepared to be successful in Workday, we have been developing plans for readiness and training activities that will kick into high-gear throughout the spring.
In the coming weeks, you can expect to see communication and invitations to a variety of readiness activities. In some cases, members of each college, school, and unit (CSU) are already deeply engaged in the program.
Related Article: Workday End User Testing: From Testers to Super Users by August
Workday Brief: Benefits Eligible Staff Life Cycle
In this Workday Brief, we explain a basic benefits eligible staff life cycle. A life cycle is the span of an employee’s involvement with the university and is divided into three phases: Hire, Employment, and Separation. In Workday, HR and Payroll transactions will be managed using business processes that are in each life cycle. Business processes are easiest to learn when they are grouped into phases in a life cycle. You will see this concept used in future Workday help materials and training.
Workday Brief: Top 10 Workday Terms to Learn Now
With a new system comes new language and new concepts. In this Workday Brief, we define the top ten new Workday terms to learn now. You will encounter these and other new terms in future resources and training materials. Download a printable PDF version of this list.
Discover more about Workday on the Workday@UT resources page.
Next Workday Town Hall Scheduled for Feb. 15, 10 AM
The next Workday Town Hall has been scheduled for Thursday, February 15, from 10 AM to 11:30 AM, in the AVAYA Auditorium (POB 2.302). The presentation will be livestreamed (EID required) and video will be posted to the Workday website.
Agenda items for this meeting include:
- How our campus is partnering and collaborating with our higher education peers to implement Workday successfully
- A status update on the campus implementation of Workday HCM/Payroll, including new metrics for tracking progress and upcoming milestones for the next two months
- An update on how we will be getting campus ready for Workday, including a schedule of spring Workday demo and readiness events
- A Workday reporting demo to show you some of the new ways in which you can find and view data
Workday Reflections: Cornell University
Workday continues to grow its higher education client base. Several of our higher education peers have shared their Workday reflections with us — from words of encouragement to helpful tips – and will be regularly featured in this newsletter.