Information, Risk, and Operations Management
McCombs School of Business
The University of Texas at Austin
Office #: CBA 6.484
Ph.D. Operations Management, Northwestern University, 2016
M.A. Economics, Northwestern University, 2015
B.S. Mathematics, University of Athens (Greece), 2011
Research (Technology and Operations, Revenue Management, Supply Chains)
- Channel Integration, Sales Dispersion, and Inventory Management, with Santiago Gallino, Toni Moreno. Management Science (2017).
- Design and Dynamic Pricing of Vertically Differentiated Inventories, with Christos Tzamos. Management Science (2019).
- Welfare Implications of Inventory-driven Dynamic Pricing, with Naveed Chehrazi, Achal Bassamboo. Management Science (2019).
- Inventory Auditing and Replenishment Using Point-of-sales Data, with Achal Bassamboo, Toni Moreno. Production and Operations Management (2020).
- The Effect of Menu Costs on Retail Performance: Evidence from Adoption of the ESL Technology, with Achal Bassamboo, Toni Moreno. Forthcoming, Management Science (2020).
- Menu Costs and the Bullwhip Effect: Supply Chain Implications of Dynamic Pricing, with Rob Bray. Under Revision (2020).
- Economies of Scope in Reverse Auctions: An Application to Road Salt Procurement, with Diwakar Gupta, Matt Schmitt. Under Revision (2020).
- Promotional Inventory Displays: An Empirical Analysis Using IoT Data, with Ashish Agarwal, Jacob Zeng. Under Review (2020).
- Estimating the Operational Costs of Pricing, with Soheil Ghilli. Work in Progress (2020).
- Dynamic Pricing with Menu Costs: Hardness and Practical Solutions, with Jake Feldman and Danny Segev. Work in Progress (2020).
Teaching (I teach in the Spring Semester)
- OM335/OM235 – Operations Management (BBA): 2017–2020, 2021 (scheduled)
- BA280N – Operations Management (TEMBA): 2021 (schedhuled)
- OM380 – Empirical Methods (PHD): 2019
- Referee: Operations Research, Management Science (Meritorious Service Award 2018; Distinguished Service Award 2019), Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (Meritorious Service Award 2018 and 2019), Production and Operations Management, Information Systems Research, CBOM Junior Scholar Paper Competition (2019), MSOM Service SIG (2019 and 2020), MSOM Supply Chain SIG (2020), MSOM Student Competition (2019), PITM Best Student Paper Competition (2020)
- Advising: Chang Yoo (committee member – first placement: McGill University), Jacob Zeng (advisor – expected graduation: 2021), Hale Erkan (advisor – expected graduation: 2023)