The Association of Research Administrators at The University of Texas at Austin serves its members and advances the research mission at the University by providing opportunities for networking, professional development, information exchange, and informal discussion in pursuit of improving research administration. The Association of Research Administrators at UT Austin, a grass-roots organization, is not a primary source of official information nor does the association establish policy. Rather, ARA provides a channel to information and a forum for informal discussion.
Please visit the Calendar Page for more information on monthly member meetings.
- May 24th, 10AM via Zoom, “UT Research Management Suite: Proposal Submissions” by Marc Bruner and Sara Clough
- April 26th, 10AM via Zoom, “Ins and Outs of Software on Campus” moderated by Rebecca Leamon and featuring “Procurement Policy Overview” by Tiffany Dockery Gibson, “Software Procurement on Campus” by Linda Shaunessy, and “Licensing Software from UT Austin” by Bob Villwock.
- March 22nd, 10AM via Zoom, “Summer pay changes and the impact on research effort” by Renee Gonzales and Julie Bowers and “Basics of DocuSign” by Sheilagh O’Hare
- March 29th, 11:30AM, Networking Event at POB Courtyard O’s Campus Café
- February 22nd, 10AM via Zoom, “Fabrication of Capital Equipment” presented by Sumithra Sripatham
- January 25th, 10AM via Zoom, “Workplace Wellness” presented by Melanie Hebl and Jennifer Kuhr from UW-Madison
- November 16th, 10AM via Zoom, “City of Austin – UT Austin Master Interlocal Agreement (ILA)” presented by Mark Featherston and Sarah Wu
- October 26th, 10AM via Zoom, Campus Updates
- September 28th, 10AM via Zoom, Annual celebration of National Research Administrator Day