The Fonzo Lab is proud to be affiliated with Dell Medical School’s
The Center for Psychedelic Research and Therapy at Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin aims to advance the application of psychedelics for the treatment of mental health disorders through impactful clinical research.
Additionally, the center — the first of its kind in Texas — looks to improve the health of those suffering from severe depression, anxiety and PTSD through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and research focused heavily on military veterans and adults affected by early childhood trauma.
The Center for Psychedelic Research and Therapy at The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is currently seeking individuals to participate in a paid research study that examines brain responses and how they may be altered following a course of treatment including psilocybin or 5-methoxydimethyltryptamine (5-MeO DMT) along with psychotherapy in bereaved spouses of veterans or military service members. We hope to learn more about how brain function is influenced by psychedelic assisted therapy and how this may impact psychiatric symptoms related to the loss of a significant other. This study is being conducted in conjunction with our partner organization, The Heroic Hearts Project. Eligible individuals will participate in a psychedelic-assisted therapy retreat sponsored by The Heroic Hearts Project at a specialized retreat site located in Mexico. Expenses for travel and the retreat will be covered by outside funds.
You may qualify for this study if you are:
- Female, over the age of 18, and fluent in English.
- Are currently experiencing mental health difficulties related to the death of a spouse or romantic partner whom was a veteran or military service member.
- Meet the criteria for prolonged grief
- Are not pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or claustrophobic.
- Are willing and able to undergo fMRI brain scans and EEG
- Are willing to travel to the Austin, TX Dell Med facility for fMRI scans and EEG measurements.
- Transportation and hotels at Austin will be covered, as will incidental expenses for meals and ground transportation.
If you are interested in more information, please contact us, or consent to allowing us to contact you! Individuals can earn up to $900 for participation in this study and will additionally be provided two all expenses paid trips to beautiful Austin, TX! This is a prime opportunity to contribute to providing better mental health treatment to bereaved spouses of military service members.
If you would like to participate, the first step would be to complete a brief online questionnaire. To best serve you, please use the referral code: HHP when prompted by our online questionnaire. The questionnaire can be accessed at this url: https://tiny.cc/UT2020 or by CLICKING HERE.