IDVSA produces research based quality information about sexual assault, domestic violence, interpersonal violence, human trafficking and many other issues.
If you are a member of the media seeking information or an interview, please contact Melanie Susswein, Director of Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily Texan Inquires
If you are a member of the Daily Texan staff seeking information or an interview, please contact Melanie Susswein, Director of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com.
Student Journalist & Research Inquiries
We are media friendly and happy to share information. We are also committed to the education process and helping to guide students on their learning process. We have created a process for students to follow should they desire to use our researchers as resources.
Please review these guidelines prior to making a request for an interview.
IDVSA requests that students and student journalists:
- Do not contact IDVSA staff/researchers directly, they MUST complete the student inquiry request form.
- Review our website content for relevant background information on a topic prior to asking questions.
- Complete the request form with the following information:
- Your name
- Your class/professor’s name (if applicable)
- The purpose of your story (article or class assignment)
- Three relevant, well-researched questions
- A deadline for when you need the information. (Please note depending on our current deadlines our response time varies.)
- A clear subject such as: “Student Journalist Media Request Regarding Human Trafficking”