As part of CLASE 2.0, IDVSA worked in partnership with the UT System Health Consortium representatives to create this useful and practical teaching tool and resource for professionals working within health institution settings. That may include a Title IX Coordinator, health institution president, communication director, medical faculty, and any number of other professionals in health institutions.
The Curriculum is provided in its entirety and divided into three major sections, each of which has standalone, practical documents, resources, and education elements. We encourage you to read and review the Curriculum in its entirety and then customize your approach to using the individual sections and resources as needed.
- Noël Busch-Armendariz
- Caitlin Sulley
- Melanie Susswein
- Victoria “Torie” Camp
- Lara O’Toole
- T’Shana McClain
- Holden Brimhall
- Ainslee Fessenden
- Jessi Duran
Section I: Know and Comprehend
– includes 8 customizable Lecture 101 slide decks and 13 additional resources, handouts, and supplements
Section II: Apply and Analyze
– includes guidance on decision case learning, 4 decision cases and vignettes, and instructor teaching notes for each case
Section III: Integrate Into Practice
– includes a review of policies, procedures, and programming related to Title IX as well as details on public awareness and educational campaigns at UT institutions and comparable institutions
Handouts and Supplements
The Curriculum includes 30 supplemental resources and handouts that complement the teaching, learning, and practice information offered in each section. Below are examples of those resources; see the full Curriculum for additional resources as well as details and guidance for their use.
- Planning to Respond to a Disclosure in an Ethical and Compassionate Way
- Resources (University and Community)
- Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Faculty/Staff
- How to Be an Effective Mandatory Reporter
Six Appendices are also included to further supplement the Curriculum materials and learning. Below are select appendix items; see the full Curriculum for additional appendices as well as context for each.
- Title IX Form Examples
- National Sexual Assault Prevention Social Marketing Campaign Review
- Secondary Trauma and Burnout (for Title IX professionals)
Note: All icons created for The Noun Project. Reprinted with permission. Creators listed below:
- Section I Icon by RAM_DHANI
- Section II Icon by Made x Made
- Section III Icon by Creative Mahira