Continuing Education Credit Information
Participants can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by attending any or all of the keynotes or panels.
- Participants can earn up to 11.00 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by attending all three (3) of the keynote presentations, five (5) panels, and the Thought Exchange conclusion presentation.
- Participants can attend whichever session(s) they choose and must attend the entire session(s) to earn CEUs.
- Prior to receiving the CEUs, participants must complete an evaluation survey.
- CEU Certificates will be emailed to each participant’s email address used for registering for this conference.
- CEU Certificates will include the title of the presentation, date, and the number of CEUs earned by attending each unique session.
- CEUs have been submitted for reciprocal acceptance with the Peer Specialist divisions in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. We cannot speak to other state certifying bodies and their acceptance of the CEUs.
Continuing Education Credits for this event are offered by:
The Texas Institute for Excellence in Mental Health/South Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center, The University of Texas at Austin as recognized by the Texas Certification Board:
- Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRSS), Mental Health Peer Specialist (MHPS), Recovery Support Peer Specialist (RSPS), Family Partner (CFP), and Peer Specialist Supervisor (PSS).
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC), Alcohol and Drug Counselors (ADC), and Certified Chemical Dependency Specialists (CCDS).
These entities are recognized as providers of continuing education credits, however, conference registrants are responsible for checking with their licensing or credentialing board to ensure acceptance of the CEUs issued. We are only issuing CEUs for the credentials you see noted here. If you have questions about CEUs for a credential that you do not see listed here, contact your credentialing board to see if they will accept these CEUs for your credential.
Breakdown of CEUs for the Conference
- Keynote Dr. Pat Deegan: Peer Support: A Disruptive Innovation – 1.5 CEUs
- State Peer Support Best Practices Panel – 1.5 CEUs
- Keynote Tonier Cain: Healing Neen – 1.5 CEUs
- Gender in Motion: A Conversation About Trans Experiences Panel – 1 CEU
- Parent Peer Support and Family Partner Panel – 1 CEU
- Punitive Justice and Community Health Panel – 1 CEU
- Youth Peer Support Panel – 1 CEU
- Keynote Yolo Akili – 1.5 CEUs
- Thought Exchange – 1 CEU