In the Summer of 2020, the University of Texas at Austin campus will be hosting the CISTAR Research Experience for Teachers (RET) program.
This six-week session takes place at University of Texas at Austin will focus on teachers’ development as researchers. Participants will collaborate with peers to discuss approaches for integrating research experiences in High School curricula that aligns with science standards and receive support from CISTAR mentors as lesson materials are implemented through their next school year.
PROGRAM LENGTH: June 8th through July 17th
ELIGIBILITY: High School engineering, technology, science, and math teachers are eligible to apply.
- Stipend for six week program: $8,000
- An additional $1,000 after the creation, test, and implementation of the engineering-based lesson in the classroom
- Classroom supplies allowance to incorporate science experience into classroom and curriculum: $1,250
- Online Application Now Open – Closing February 1st!
- Essay describing why you are interested in participating in the CISTAR RET program and how might use what you learn from the program in your classroom next year,
- Letter of support from your Principal or other Senior Administrator
For more information, please contact Program Coordinator Abbey Stanzione, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-232-5735. To learn more about CISTAR NSF Engineering Research Center visit their website.