In This Issue:
- REMINDER: Preparing for Fall Info Session – July 18
- Upcoming Events
- Introducing Enterprise Customer Services (ECS)
- Workday Website Update – Preparing for Fall 2019
- Looking for Workday Training Materials?
- New Workday Walk-through Video: Schedule a Report
- Which Report has the Information I Need?
- Upcoming Open Labs
- July 18 – Preparing for Fall HCM Processing Info Session
- July 23 – Workday Basics ILT
- July 25 – Workday Security ILT
- July 30 – Change Job Demystified
- August 1 – Recruiting Basics for Hiring Managers, Screeners & Interviewers
- August 6 – Getting to Ready for Hire in Workday for Recruiters
- August 8 – ProTips – Troubleshooting
- August 15 – Workday Basics ILT
REMINDER: Preparing for Fall Information Session – July 18
Thursday, July 18, 10 AM-Noon
AVAYA Auditorium, POB 2.302 | Livestream Link
Hosted by Human Resources and Academic Personnel Services, the Preparing for Fall HCM Processing will help prepare those with core Workday roles with HCM processing for the fall. Employment processing for staff, students, academic employees, and faculty will be covered, including new guidance, changes to business processes, and improvements for the fall. Also included will be guidance and clarification on how to avoid common mistakes observed during the spring semester. Those with core Workday roles are welcome to attend all or part of the info session based on your unit’s needs. For more information, including a draft agenda, visit Preparing for Fall 2019.
Introducing Enterprise Customer Services (ECS)
In order to better serve enterprise customers at UT, Enterprise Business Information Technology Solutions (eBITS) recently combined the askUS financial User Services team with the Workday Helpdesk, Operational Support, Training, SURGE, and Change Management teams to form a new team known as Enterprise Customer Services (ECS). Through the use of combined resources and cross-functional teams, ECS is able to bring a new level of flexibility and user focus to the UT enterprise business community. ECS will also leverage their knowledge and relationships with stakeholders to provide valuable feedback and advocacy on behalf of users.
Workday Website Update – Preparing for Fall 2019
The July 3rd edition of this newsletter announced new and updated training opportunities and materials for Fall 2019. To make it easier for users to find and share these training opportunities and materials, the Workday website now includes a Preparing for Fall 2019 page. Easily accessible from the main navigation menu, the new page includes links to training events, materials, and other resources to help Workday users as they prepare for the start of the new academic year. Visit Preparing for Fall 2019.
Looking for Workday Training Materials?
Whether preparing for Fall or performing day-to-day tasks in Workday, the downloadable All Training Spreadsheet is a searchable resource for all Workday training materials and includes built-in filters to help you find the information you need by narrowing your search. Filterable categories include:
- Lifecycle – Hire, Employment, Separation
- Role – HR Partner, I-9 Partner, Cost Center Manager, etc.
- Material Type – WIG, WPO, Business Process Flow, etc.
- Area – Time and Absence, I-9, Financials, etc.
New Workday Walk-through Video: Schedule a Report
For users new to scheduling reports, this Workday Walk-through video takes users through the basic process of scheduling a report for delivery. The video uses the report, My Team’s Time Off – RPT0377 as an example. Users should keep in mind that scheduling a different report may require responding to different prompts. View the full Schedule a Report video via Vimeo.
New Workday Walk-through Video: Schedule a Report
The Campus Reports Search spreadsheet provides an easy way to find the report you need. You can select by the type of report, ERP or Workday, workstream, security roles, and keywords.
Upcoming Open Labs:
Open, walk-in sessions are being offered to allow users to bring transactions with them to initiate in Workday and receive hands-on assistance. Labs are broken out by academic transactions and Staff/Student transactions. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions.
Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
General labs focus on staff, student, and other general topics. There will be dedicated Workday experts available to assist and guide users through transactions. Depending on the time of year, the lab may focus on specific business processes. Open labs are appropriate for anyone who attended instructor-led training and has an HR, finance, academic, or security role in Workday.
- July 24 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- July 31 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 7 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 14 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 21 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)
- August 28 – Open Lab – General (Staff and Student)