The Texas Institute for Excellence in Mental Health is a multi-disciplinary collaboration focuses on improving the social, emotional, and behavioral health of Texans. The Institute partners with university faculty, state governmental agencies, community agencies, behavioral health providers, consumers, youth and families to enhance the use of effective practices throughout the state, enhance the capacity of the mental health workforce, empower communities to develop resilience and recovery-oriented systems, and evaluate state and local efforts to improve service systems for adults, youth, and children facing mental health challenges.
The TIEMH team brings unique skills and experience to our work, including:
- Knowledge in best practices in mental health;
- Knowledge in implementation science and transformational change;
- Experience working in policy, program, and evaluation roles in state agencies;
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders in participatory frameworks to facilitate the identification and accomplishment of group goals;
- Experience developing curricula and facilitating learning opportunities;
- Experience conducting complex, rigorous research in real-world settings; and
- Effective communication and dissemination skills.