– Albertson, Bethany L. and Shana Kushner Gadarian. Anxious Politics: Democratic Citizenship in a Threatening World. Cambridge University Press. 2015.
– Albertson, Bethany L. and Shana Kushner Gadarian. 2016. Did That Scare You? Tips on Creating Emotion in Experimental SubjectsDid That Scare You? Tips on Creating Emotion in Experimental Subjects. Political Analysis. abstract
– Roberts, Margaret E., Brandon M. Stewart, Dustin Tingley, Christopher Lucas, Jetson Leder Luis, Shana Kushner Gadarian, Bethany Albertson, David Rand. 2014. Structural Topic Models for Open-Ended Survey Responses. American Journal of Political Science. pdf
– Albertson, Bethany and Shana Kushner Gadarian. 2012. Who’s Afraid of Immigration? The Effects of Pro- and Anti-Immigrant Threatening Ads among Latinos, African Americans and Whites, in Immigration and Public Opinion in the Liberal Democracies. Gary Freeman, Randall Hansen, and David Leal, editors. Routledge. pdf
– Albertson, Bethany L. 2011. Public Attitudes Toward Climate Change Policy, in Navigating Climate Change Policy: The Opportunities of Federalism. Edella C. Schlager, Kirsten H. Engel, and Sally Rider, editors. University of Arizona Press. (Research note).
– Albertson, Bethany, John Brehm and Michael Alvarez. 2005. Ambivalence as Internal Conflict. Ambivalence and the Structure of Public Opinion. Stephen Craig and Michael Martinez, eds. New York: Palgrave. pdf