The mission of the St. David’s Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research in Underserved Populations is to improve the health of underserved people through applied research.
- Maintain and enhance the St. David’s CHPR within the School of Nursing.
- Improve the health of underserved people through theory driven, efficient and culturally competent health promotion/disease prevention research-based interventions.
- Develop and refine interventions and analytic methods along the continuum of health promotion/disease prevention to meet the needs of underserved populations.
- Expand interdisciplinary investigative teams studying health promotion and/or disease prevention.
- Disseminate and translate methods and findings on health promotion and disease prevention in underserved populations to scientists, clinicians, policymakers and consumers.
- Explore the application of emerging technologies to promote health and decrease health disparities in underserved populations.