The following publications have resulted from the St. David’s CHPR endowment’s support:
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe TB. (2017). Determinants of Prostate Cancer Screening Intentions of Young Black Men Aged 18 to 40 Years (2016). Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 4, 1009-20.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe T, Corbell B (2017). Knowledge of Prostate Cancer and Screening among Young Multiethnic Black Men. American Journal of Men’s Health, 11(4), 1008-18. [Epub 2017 Jan 31.]
- Radhakrishnan, K., van Scoy, L., Jillapalli, R., Saxena, S., Kim, M. (2017). Community-based Game Intervention to Improve South Asian Indian Americans’ Engagement with Advanced Care Planning. Ethnicity and Health journal. DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1357068
- Walker, L. O., Mackert, M. S., Ahn, J., Vaughan, M. W., Sterling, B.S., Guy, S., & Hendrickson, S. (2017, Nov.). e-Health and new moms: Contextual factors associated with sources of health information. Public Health Nursing, 34, 561-568.
- Jang, Y., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., Yoon, H., Ko, J., Lee, J., & Kim, M. T. (2016). Risk factors for social isolation in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health, 28(1), 3-18. doi: 10.1177/0898264315584578
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2016). The health vulnerability of immigrants with limited English proficiency: A study of older Korean Americans. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 64(7), 1498-1502.
- Lehrer, H.M., Dubois, S.K., Maslowsky, J., Laudenslager, M.L., & Steinhardt, M.A. (2016). Hair cortisol concentration and glycated hemoglobin in African American adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 72, 212-218.
- Walker, L. O., Xie, B., Hendrickson, S. G., & Sterling, B. S. (2016, Jan.-Feb.). Behavioral and psychosocial health of new mothers and associations with contextual factors and perceived health. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 45(1), 3-16.
- Walker, L. O., Murphey, C. L., & Xie, B. (2016). Missed opportunities for postpartum behavioral and psychosocial healthcare and acceptability of screening options. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 45, 614-624.
- Yoon, H., Jang, Y., & Xie, B. (2016). Computer use and computer anxiety in older Korean Americans. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 35(9), 1000-1010.
- Becker, H. & Henneghan, A. (2015). “When do I get my brain back?”: Breast cancer survivors’ experience of cognitive problems.Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19, 180-184.
- Brown, S.A., García, A.A., Steinhardt, M.A., Guevara, H., Moore, C., Brown, A., & Winter, M.A. (2015). Culturally tailored diabetes prevention in the workplace: Focus group interviews with Hispanic employees. The Diabetes Educator, 41, 175-183.doi: 10.1177/0145721714567233.
- Jang, Y., Park, N.S., Chiriboga, D.A., Yoon, H., An, S., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Social capital in ethnic communities and mental health: A study of older Korean immigrants. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 30, 131-141.
- Jang, Y., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., Yoon, H., Ko, J., Lee, J., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Risk factors for social isolation in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health, 28, 3-18.
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Marti, N., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Aging IQ intervention with older Korean Americans: A comparison of internet-based and in-class education. Educational Gerontology, 41(9), 642-652.
- Park, N. S., Jang, Y., Lee, B. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2015). The relation between living alone and depressive symptoms in older Korean Americans: Do feelings of loneliness mediate? Aging and Mental Health, 1-9.
- Stephens, M., Ogunsanya, ME., Ford, K.H., Bamgbade, B.A., & Liang, M.C. (2015). Little cigar and cigarillo beliefs and behaviors among African-American young adults. American Journal of Health Behavior, 39, 519-528.
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., & Kim, M. T. (2014). Dental care utilization and unmet dental needs in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health 26, 1047-1059.
- Choi, Namkee G. (PI), An, S., & Garcia, A. (2014). A feasibility study of low-income homebound older adults’ participation in an online chronic disease self-management program. Home Health Care Services Quarterly 33, 106-20.
- An, Sok, & Choi, Namkee G. (PI). (2013). “Exercising frequently and eating properly has helped immensely’: Benefits of an online chronic disease self-management workshop for low-income homebound older adults. Journal of Aging: Research and Clinical Practice 2, 289-94.