The following publications have resulted from the St. David’s CHPR endowment’s support:
- Wright, M.L., Podnar, J., Longoria, K.D., Nguyen, T., §Lim, S., Garcia, S., Wylie, D. Comparison of commercial DNA extraction kits for whole metagenome sequencing of human oral, vaginal, and rectal microbiome samples. Submitted to PLOS ONE, January 2023 – pre-print available on BioRxiv.
- Rodriguez, E.M., Horner, S.D., Bearman, S.K., Gulbas, L., George-Jones, J., Alvarado, C., & Esperanza, C. (2022). Development and pilot randomized trial of a coping skills Intervention for low SES Latinx families of children with asthma in primary care. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 10(2), 115-127.
- Henneghan, A.M., Becker, H., Phillips, C., & Kesler, S. (2021). Sustained effects of mantra meditation compared to music listening on neurocognitive outcomes of breast cancer survivors: A brief report of a randomized control trial. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychores.2021.110628. Epub 2021 Sep 25. PMID: 34600308.
- Henneghan, A.M., Fico, B.G., Wright, M.L., Kesler, S.R., & Harrison, M.L. (2021). Effects of meditation compared to music listening on biomarkers in breast cancer survivors with cognitive complaints: secondary outcomes of a pilot randomized control trial. Explore: New York, NY.
- Paralkar, T., Lay, P., Stubbs, S., Ahmed, S.H., Ghani, M., Osier, N. (2022). Occurrence Patterns of Traumatic Brain Injury Within The Emergency Department and Internal Screening Process Efficacy: A Retrospective Analysis in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic: Retrospective Analysis. Interactive Journal of Medical Research, 11(1), 329513.
- Timmerman, G.M., Temple, H.L. & Jefferson, F.A. (2021, March). Pilot Study: Mindful Drinking/Eating Intervention for Hemodialysis Patients with Fluid Restrictions. [Abstract]. Journal of Renal Nutrition, 31(2), 224.
- Geshell, L., & Kwak, J. (2020). Perspectives of persons with dementia, family, and healthcare providers on an advance care planning decision aid. Innovation in Aging, Volume 4, Issue Supplement_1, 2020, Page 787.
- Henneghan AM, Becker H, Harrison ML, Inselmann K, Fico B, Schafer H, King E, Patt D, Kesler S. (2020). A randomized control trial of meditation compared to music listening to improve cognitive function for breast cancer survivors: Feasibility and acceptability. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2020 Sep 11;41:101228. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2020.101228. Epub Sep 11. PMID: 32949954.
- Kim Y, Vohra-Gupta S, Margerison CE, Cubbin C. (2020). Neighborhood Racial/Ethnic Composition Trajectories and Black-White Differences in Preterm Birth among Women in Texas, Journal of Urban Health;97:37–51. [PMID: 31898203 PMC 7010896]
- Lay, P., Paralkar, T., Ahmed, S. H., Ghani, M., Muneer, S., Jinnah, R., Chen, C., Zeitz, J., Nitsch, A., Osier, N. (2020). A Novel Clinical Research Modality for Enrolling Diverse Participants Using a Diverse Team. Brain Sciences.
- Palepu, S., Nitsch, A., Narayan, M., Kim, S., Osier, N. (2020). A Flat Organizational Structure for an Inclusive, Interdisciplinary and International Team. Frontiers in Education: Leadership in Higher Education.
- Pathare, N., Sushilkumar, S., Haley, L., Jain, S., Osier, N. (2020). The Impact of Traumatic Brain Injury on Microbiome Composition: A Systematic Review. Biological Research for Nursing.
- Rodriguez, E.M., Gulbas, L.E., Horner, S.D., £Alba-Suarez, J., £George-Jones, J., £Davidson, S., £Lehring, E., £Esperanza, C., £Alvarado, C. (2020). Stress and coping in pediatric asthma: The experiences of low-SES Latinx families. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 8, 126-138.
- Cubbin C, Kim Y, Vohra-Gupta S, Margerison-Zilko C. (2019). Longitudinal measures of neighborhood poverty and income inequality are associated with adverse birth outcomes in Texas, 2009-2011. Social Science and Medicine. DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2019.112665.
- Harrison, M. L., Wolfe, A. S., Fordyce, J., Rock, J., García, A. A., & Zuñiga, J. A. (2019). The additive effect of type 2 diabetes on fibrinogen, von Willebrand factor, tryptophan and threonine in people living with HIV. Amino acids, 51(5), 783-793.
- Benham-Hutchins, M., Brown, S. A., Donovan, E. E., Guevara, H., & Johnson, A. H. (2018). Spanish-Speaking Hispanic Patients’ Information-Sharing Preferences During Hospitalization: An Exploratory Pilot Study. Journal of Participatory Medicine, 10(4), e10782. doi:10.2196/10782
- Pounders, K. and Mason, M. (2018). “Embodiment, Illness, and Gender: The Intersected and Disrupted Identities of Young Women with Breast Cancer.” In Belk, R., Venkatesh, A., Cross, S., and Ruvalcaba, C. (Eds), Research in Consumer Behavior Series, Volume 19.Emerald Publishing Group Limited.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe TB. (2017). Determinants of Prostate Cancer Screening Intentions of Young Black Men Aged 18 to 40 Years (2016). Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 4, 1009-20.
- Ogunsanya ME, Brown CM, Odedina FT, Barner JC, Adedipe T, Corbell B (2017). Knowledge of Prostate Cancer and Screening among Young Multiethnic Black Men. American Journal of Men’s Health, 11(4), 1008-18. [Epub 2017 Jan 31.]
- Radhakrishnan, K., van Scoy, L., Jillapalli, R., Saxena, S., Kim, M. (2017). Community-based Game Intervention to Improve South Asian Indian Americans’ Engagement with Advanced Care Planning. Ethnicity and Health journal. DOI: 10.1080/13557858.2017.1357068
- Walker, L. O., Mackert, M. S., Ahn, J., Vaughan, M. W., Sterling, B.S., Guy, S., & Hendrickson, S. (2017, Nov.). e-Health and new moms: Contextual factors associated with sources of health information. Public Health Nursing, 34, 561-568.
- Jang, Y., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., Yoon, H., Ko, J., Lee, J., & Kim, M. T. (2016). Risk factors for social isolation in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health, 28(1), 3-18. doi: 10.1177/0898264315584578
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2016). The health vulnerability of immigrants with limited English proficiency: A study of older Korean Americans. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 64(7), 1498-1502.
- Lehrer, H.M., Dubois, S.K., Maslowsky, J., Laudenslager, M.L., & Steinhardt, M.A. (2016). Hair cortisol concentration and glycated hemoglobin in African American adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 72, 212-218.
- Walker, L. O., Xie, B., Hendrickson, S. G., & Sterling, B. S. (2016, Jan.-Feb.). Behavioral and psychosocial health of new mothers and associations with contextual factors and perceived health. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 45(1), 3-16.
- Walker, L. O., Murphey, C. L., & Xie, B. (2016). Missed opportunities for postpartum behavioral and psychosocial healthcare and acceptability of screening options. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 45, 614-624.
- Yoon, H., Jang, Y., & Xie, B. (2016). Computer use and computer anxiety in older Korean Americans. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 35(9), 1000-1010.
- Becker, H. & Henneghan, A. (2015). “When do I get my brain back?”: Breast cancer survivors’ experience of cognitive problems.Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19, 180-184.
- Brown, S.A., García, A.A., Steinhardt, M.A., Guevara, H., Moore, C., Brown, A., & Winter, M.A. (2015). Culturally tailored diabetes prevention in the workplace: Focus group interviews with Hispanic employees. The Diabetes Educator, 41, 175-183.doi: 10.1177/0145721714567233.
- Jang, Y., Park, N.S., Chiriboga, D.A., Yoon, H., An, S., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Social capital in ethnic communities and mental health: A study of older Korean immigrants. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 30, 131-141.
- Jang, Y., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., Yoon, H., Ko, J., Lee, J., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Risk factors for social isolation in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health, 28, 3-18.
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Marti, N., & Kim, M. T. (2015). Aging IQ intervention with older Korean Americans: A comparison of internet-based and in-class education. Educational Gerontology, 41(9), 642-652.
- Park, N. S., Jang, Y., Lee, B. S., & Chiriboga, D. A. (2015). The relation between living alone and depressive symptoms in older Korean Americans: Do feelings of loneliness mediate? Aging and Mental Health, 1-9.
- Stephens, M., Ogunsanya, ME., Ford, K.H., Bamgbade, B.A., & Liang, M.C. (2015). Little cigar and cigarillo beliefs and behaviors among African-American young adults. American Journal of Health Behavior, 39, 519-528.
- Jang, Y., Yoon, H., Park, N. S., Chiriboga, D. A., & Kim, M. T. (2014). Dental care utilization and unmet dental needs in older Korean Americans. Journal of Aging and Health 26, 1047-1059.
- Choi, Namkee G. (PI), An, S., & Garcia, A. (2014). A feasibility study of low-income homebound older adults’ participation in an online chronic disease self-management program. Home Health Care Services Quarterly 33, 106-20.
- An, Sok, & Choi, Namkee G. (PI). (2013). “Exercising frequently and eating properly has helped immensely’: Benefits of an online chronic disease self-management workshop for low-income homebound older adults. Journal of Aging: Research and Clinical Practice 2, 289-94.