The Hispanic Faculty/Staff Association exists to promote understanding and respect of the Hispanic cultures through advocacy, education, and service.
The membership strives to fulfill the mission of the organization through the following core values:
- Fellowship and Networking: providing a venue for the exchange of cultural values and ideas and social interaction in like-minded service community.
- Member Development: providing opportunities for the educational, professional, and leadership growth of its members.
- Communication: providing an opportunity for improved communication among the membership, as well as community stakeholders and cultural constituents.
- Service: providing opportunities for members to serve within the organization, the university, and within the local community.
What We Do
- We get involved in both the university and Austin community.
- We get together for monthly meetings; social events; HFSA-sponsored learning opportunities; HFSA wellness events; the annual Holiday Fiesta & Auctions.
- We give back through scholarships to deserving UT students and HFSA members; the Holiday Assistance Program; joint volunteer efforts.
- We share in each other’s successes; our expertise; through fellowship and networking.