Our major research interests include control, modeling, estimation, optimization, and diagnosis of dynamical systems, especially for engine, powertrain, aftertreatment, hybrid, flexible fuel, alternative / renewable energy, energy storage, electrified and conventional ground vehicle, autonomous vehicle, intelligent transportation, smart and sustainable mobility, human-centric automation, cyber-physical, and mechatronic systems.
MSL’s research activities are supported by federal and state agencies as well as industrial companies including National Science Foundation (NSF), NSF-CAREER, Office of Naval Research (ONR), Department of Energy (DOE), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), General Motors, Ford, Honda, Tenneco, Eaton, Ftech, Denso, and others.
Thanks to the current and past MSL sponsors
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Naval Research
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities
- General Motors R&D Center
- Ford Motor Company
- Honda R&D Americas, Inc.
- Tenneco, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation Innovation Center
- F.tech R&D North America Inc.
- OSU-CAR Industrial Research Consortium
- Honda-OSU Partnership Program
- OSU Transportation Research Endowment Program