June 21-25, 2021
This summer, we are welcoming musicians to design their own à la carte summer music camp experience based on what interests you the most! All sessions are led by world-renowned UT faculty and their graduate students, and are designed for musicians entering grade 9 through freshman year in college.
Our Instrumental Workshops feature opportunities for students to work with UT faculty and graduate students to grow as performers on their instrument, while our Seminar Topics give students a chance to learn from experts teaching on musical subjects they may not get to experience anywhere else.
We know that everyone has been spending a lot of time on their computers this past year. That’s why we want to give you the option to choose what you’re most interested in, and only pay for the classes you want to take! You can design your own schedule to be flexible, and select the workshop and/or seminars that are most interesting to you.
Instrumental Workshops (Mornings)
We are delighted to offer instrumental workshops led by our world-renowned Butler School of Music faculty and graduate students. Learn more about the offerings for each instrument through the link above!
- Each workshop will vary in length, scope, and cost, so please read the detailed descriptions for each.
Seminar Topics (Afternoons)
Taught by Butler School of Music faculty, we are delighted to offer a series of unique seminars covering a broad range of musical subjects. From conducting to music theory to popular music, these unique sessions can be purchased individually or as a package (packages include a discounted per-session rate). Click the link above to see what’s being offered, and continue to check back as we add more sessions throughout the spring!
- Purchase a single class: $30
- Purchase a three-pack of classes: $75
- Purchase a five-pack of classes: $100 (additional classes beyond five are available at $20/session)
Seminar Topics will be scheduled in non-overlapping time slots so students can take advantage of as many sessions as they would like!
Included for FREE!
All students who sign up for an Instrumental Workshop or a Seminar Topic get two additional (optional) sessions for FREE:
- A presentation and Q&A with Sarah Borshard, Assistant Director of Admissions for the Butler School of Music on how to prepare and audition for a degree in music at UT
- A presentation and Q&A with the directors of the Longhorn Band about how to audition and be accepted to join the largest musical organization on the UT campus
For this camp, students will be required to have an internet-connected device (laptop, tablet, or Chromebook) with a camera and microphone.