UT Health Austin is looking for volunteers for the entire month of July for their phone center triage. They have loved having our nursing students in past weeks volunteer and are hoping you would be able to once again. They would prefer a commitment for a full week, but if you cannot commit to a full week, they would be okay with committing to do at least one day each week. Please find attached the role description for the triage center. It gives you a good opportunity to learn Athena and work with a team of Nurses and APPs. If any of you are interested in volunteering please reach out to Kate Nolan at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinate care for patients served in the COVID Center at UT Health Austin to include telephone triage patients for COVID 19 testing, tracking lab results, answering clinical questions, coordinate care with the drive up COVID 19 testing clinic, providing support and education as needed, as well as acting as a liaison between patients and providers as needed.
Requirements: Clinical background knowledge; must be able to triage patients via phone, Athena access required.
1. Telephone Triage of patients using the latest triage call script and latest testing guidelines for COVID 19 testing criteria.
2. Utilize the latest COVID 19 FAQ’s sheet for patient questions
3. Complete Public Health Form for patients that screen to be tested for COVID 19
4. Register Patients in Athena
5. Schedule patients for COVID 19 testing in Athena based on latest triage testing guidelines
6. Enter patient information on COVID 19 tracking spreadsheet
7. Coordinate on-site testing with the Drive-up clinic
8. Monitor COVID 19 Lab results
9. Update COVID 19 tracking spreadsheet with test results
10. Call all patients with COVID 19 lab results daily
a. Utilize latest COVID 19 Positive Patient Call Script for positive test results
b. Utilize the latest COVID 19 Negative Patient Call script for negative test results
11. Phone consultation for positive COVID 19 patients
a. Introduce Home Monitoring program utilizing call script
b. Utilize the latest Healthcare worker return to work guidelines
12. Document all communication with patients in Athena