The Nurse Candidate Program (NCP) is a financial assistance program for students enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program. Upon completion of degree requirements, the student must accept a commission as a Nurse Corps (NC) officer.
- $34,000 total incentive while attending school.
- $10,000 signing bonus PLUS;
- $1,000 a month (maximum 24 months)
- Citizenship – Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Age – Complete your degree by age 42.
- Education – Must be enrolled in, or accepted for transfer into a nursing school accredited by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above to apply. Must complete studies/training as full time students attending all normal school sessions (2 semesters or 3 quarters), and must maintain a GPA of above 3.0 after selection.
- Degree requirements must be fulfilled within 24 months.
- Candidates who enter the program and receive benefits for up to 12 months will agree to serve on active duty as a Nurse Corps officer for four (4) years;
- Candidates who enter the program and receive benefits for greater than 12 months will agree to serve on active duty as a Nurse Corps officer for five (5) years.
How to Apply:
To apply for NCP, or additional information, or if you just have questions, contact
HM1 (EXW/SW) Jamieson Balitaan
Medical Officer Recruiter – TAOC Bayou City
Navy Recruiting District Houston
Cell: (832) 707-2864
For more information, please see Navy Medicine’s flyer: Nurse Candidate Program (NCP)