Operating Room Nurse Resident and was wondering if you could share it with any students interest in perioperative nursing.
The Nurse Residency program is a 6-month program with a series of educational and clinical experiences developed to help nurses excel as they transition into a specialty nursing practice. The fellowship incorporates specialty curriculum, classes and clinicals, professional growth, evidence based practices, and interdisciplinary collaborations. This unique fellowship supports the Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing recommendations & AORN, while promoting and developing evidence-based best practices in perioperative nursing.
Nurse Residents can expect to:
- Experience a 1:1 preceptorship for their first several weeks
- Attend classes with their peers
- Work collaboratively with physicians, other departments and other hospitals
- Participate in specialty professional organizations
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Participate in unit activities and committees
- Present an evidence based Best Practice project
- Create professional networks
- Prepare to take a clinical leadership role in their specialty area
- Write a professional development plan