Oncology care is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, nursing careers around. It’s an opportunity to be inspired by the determination, hope, and faith of your patients. Whether or not you decide to enter the oncology field, you are going to care for patients with cancer at some point in your career. And you’re in the right place to learn more about oncology nursing.
If you are a student nurse interested in oncology or want to learn more about the specialty, become a member of the national Oncology Nursing Society for FREE & the local Central Texas Chapter for $15!
Benefits of Student Membership
- Development of student nurses with access to online and printed resources
- FREE registration to Cancer Basics online course (a $220 value)
- Option to also join the local Central Texas Chapter for $15 – highly encouraged!
- Connect with local oncology nurses in your area
- A great way to network and join educational monthly in-person* events regarding oncology topics with experts in the oncology field (dinners included!)
- Various volunteer opportunities in our community
- Scholarship opportunities *Some events may be held virtually depending on the Covid-19 status in Austin
Requirements for Student Membership: Full-time nursing students in a pre-licensure program
Applicants may be required to verify current pre-licensure student status (i.e. copy of current course schedule) Become a Student Member Now! www.ons.org/join-renew-membership
Contact your Central Texas Membership Chairs for any membership questions.
Meghan Smith, BSN, RN, OCN: email@example.com
Andrea Swinson, BSN, RN, OCN: firstname.lastname@example.org